24. Oikawa's revelations

3rd person POV

These thoughts that he finally remembered took him back to more than ten years back. At that time he was six years old. At that time, he was living in Tokyo, and soon, his parents were gonna take the decision to move.

At that time, he didn't care about his parents' decision, he was young, it wasn't gonna affect a lot of things in his life. But, there's just one thing that made him think about their decision. He had met a girl his age. Though, "met" is a big word for what happened. They saw each other. An eye contact between two children. You would have thought that it's normal for two human beings to have an eye contact. But this one, it wasn't just the eye contact where you plant the eyes and immediately look away. It lasted a few seconds. She smiled, he smiled. She liked volleyball and how she played made him want to become stronger than her. Even though he didn't know the game until now, he wanted to play. This girl, she fascinated him because of her strength when she played against other kids. She was just six, but at that time, her parents were training her hard. She was perfect in his eyes. He would always go at the park near his house. Every Sunday, he went. On her side, she was happy to see that this boy was interested in what they were doing, like a little audience, but the thing she didn't know, is that he was looking at her and at her only.

But one day, the smile of the little boy faded away when he learned he was going to move, far away from Tokyo. He will never be able to see this girl again. They never talked, they just had this one eye contact. For him, this girl was the one who made him like volleyball, and was the reason he started playing. He would never forget her. The last time he went to see her play, he tried to memorize her face as best he could.

And on her side, the girl was sad to see that this boy never came back after that. She didn't know what happened to him and she didn't have time to memorize his face, because she didn't know he was going to move.

The only thing they both didn't know, is that they both knew each other's name without asking directly to the other. The girl found out when his friend shouted his name. And the boy found out when adults were talking about her and her ability to play volleyball.

"Oikawa Tooru" she whispered.

"Irihata Y/n" he whispered.

And they both thought that they would try their best to remember their name.

They didn't see each other for ten years after that. Ten years had passed. Y/n had just moved to Miyagi Prefecture. She didn't know that boy, Oikawa Tooru, was there... She couldn't remember. This pain had enveloped her. What happened in February made her forget. Oikawa didn't want to forget, but in front of him, this girl, he couldn't bring himself to recognize her as the girl he knew back then. But at that time, he didn't know she was the girl of the best volleyball players in all Japan. So that's why, he didn't think they were the same person. Still, that face of hers, he knew he saw it somewhere, but he didn't know where and when. But, at that time, she wasn't the girl with this eternal smile he met back then...

The only problem is, they saw each other at the end of their first year of High school for the first time again, not when she bumped into him at school on their first day of second grade. Though, the boy was too excited for practice to remember anything and the girl was too scared to think of something else than to look around.

Y/n was waiting for her uncle. He said he would tell the boys that there will be no practice today, not telling them the reason why. The truth is, his niece was finally ready to go outside and he didn't want to wait for the weekend to risk that she could change her mind. It was middle of march. School was ending in a few weeks. She was wearing a sweater, the only piece of clothing that was keeping her warm. Even though it was now spring, it was still cold outside. She was standing near the gym, beside the door, her back resting on the wall. She was looking around, her paranoïa making her crazy. She was alone, she didn't feel good. Irihata said he would be quick. A voice made her jump.