surprise?

Everyone was going over the plan on defeating vecna more importantly saving Steve. They have the upside-down group and the kings' guards' group (watching Steve group) they didn't need anyone to distract the bats sense they where all out of it. The people in the upside-down group were El, Nancy, Jonathan, Will (much to his disappointment), and Mike. And for the king's guard's there was Steve, Eddie, Robin, Argyle, Max, and Lucas. Eddie wasn't going to leave Steve, and neither was Robin and Lucas wasn't going to leave max so that was how the two groups where made.

"So, you're saying that Steve is going to be the next bait? Like that worked for us last time." "Eddie this was the best things we could come up with. Now can you hand me your keys?" Eddie groaned and took his keys out of his pocket and handed them to Nancy. "Thanks. Don't worry we got this Eddie."

Eddie scoffs "Yeah okay." Eddie doesn't necessarily like Nancy much. He doesn't like the fact that she'll flirt with Steve when she already had a boyfriend. Eddie made his way into the basement sitting down on the couch sighing. "What's up with you?" Steve questioned "nothing." "Really? Because you look more meh then I do. And I'm the one about to die." Eddie rolled his eyes.

"Seriously dude, what's your problem? Are you okay?" Eddie looked Steve up and down "No Steve everything is not okay." "Yeah...Everything is going to be okay Eddie." Steve gave a warm smile "no Steve everything is not going to be okay. Your literally bait to a slimy worm demon who kills children." Eddie voice lowered "If something goes wrong then..." "Then...?'' Eddie puts a hand on Steve face and leans in and connects their lips. "Then I won't be able to confess to you." Steve paused for a moment in shock "You just did...Though?" "A confession without demons and a different dimension. And you alive and not in a hospital bed Steve."

Steve stared into Eddie's eyes and smiled "Well just in case... I like you too Eddie Munson." "No." "huh?" "Not just in case. You are making it out alive. Period." Eddie squeezes Steve's hand and smiles "yeah. Of course." Steve smiles back and hugged him. Their nice hug was interrupted by Dustin barging into the basement "the upside-down group is making there way to the portal! They'll signal us when they're there." Dustin looks between Eddie and Steve "Why are you guys so close?" Eddie rolled his eyes and grabbed the remote to turn the tv on ignoring his question.

"Hello?!" Steve and Eddie continued to watch the tv "Really guys? Really?" Dustin walks up to them and sits between them. Eddie scoots over to make space "Dude, you had space on the other side why'd you sit here?" "Oh, so now you pay attention to me. And yeah, because you guys were being assholes." Eddie rolled his eyes for the hundredth time today. Him and Steve were having a moment.

Max, Lucas, Argyle, and Robin made their way into the basement. "Any side effects Steve?" Robin asked in her concerned tone. "No. Not yet" "What does he have?" Argyle intruded "What?" max asked "Ya'll keep asking if he had any side effects. Does he have the flue? Because if he does th-" "He doesn't have anything." Robin stated, "Who is this dude?" Lucas asked "One of Jonathan's buddy or... only buddy..." robin said looking at Argyle.

"Anyways... do we have like turns in watching him?" Max ask "No one haves to watch me just... maybe che-" "I'll watch him." Eddie interrupts "me too" Dustin joined "me three" Robin agrees. Steve sighs "well I guess I don't have a choice..." Steve gets up and makes his way out of the basement Eddie following with Robin and Dustin "NO... one follows me. I'm just going out for a smoke."

(Outside)

Steve sits down on the floor staring at the sky. It was late at night and Steve could barely see the stars but still looks up smoking. "I said don't follow me" "well I don't care what you say I'm watching you either way Steve." Steve turns around wanting to see the face he's talking to even though he already knows who it is.

Steve: "Dustin I can take care of myself."

Dustin: "You know who else thought they didn't need any help?"

Steve: "Yeah, yeah I get your point."

Dustin: "we just want to protect you and yet you make that damn hard to do Steve. You can talk to me or Eddie or Robin. We are all here for you Steve." Steve smiles and places a hand on his Dustin's head ruffling his hair. "Aren't I supposed to be the one giving sappy talks?" Steve laughs with Dustin. "But really dude just let us protect you for once. Let me protect you for once." Steve starts giggling "what? What's so funny?" "Nothing. Nothing. Just happy." Dustin and Steve talk more until they get called inside.

"What took you guys so long? Thought it was only a smoke?" "Yeah... add a sappy talk with it" Steve added. Dustin nudged his shoulder "this is what I get for trying to make you feel better? The love is really their Steve." Dustin said while grabbing his chest "what'd you get that from Eddie?" Dustin rolled his eyes walking away. "I see you guys had a good talk" Robin said "yeah..." Steve smiles.  

(200+ words more <3 sorry if this is still short. ALSO thanks for 900+ reads? Views? yeah...<3<3)