Chapter 4: Recovery and Reoccuring Memories

Start from the beginning

"Aw jeez... How is she? Does she need anything?" Charlie asked, wincing a little as she crossed her arms in discern.

"She needs to fucking detox." He sighed, brushing some of his hair out of his face. "Doll is shaking like a leaf, even though I got her bundled up in blankets."

"I'm surprised you're not offering a hair of the dog that bit her." Alastor stated, glancing toward the door for a moment as he wondered what you were doing on the other side. How you looked in your vulnerable state.

"She's either gonna get through it now, or she's gonna prolong it, either way it's gotta happen." Angel said. "She never guaranteed she wouldn't drink again, but, fingers crossed she at least learns moderation."

"I'm more surprised that you're helping her through this." Charlie added hesitantly. "No offense but, you're not exactly the most compassionate person I've met."

"I can't explain it to ya, Charlie, cause I don't even know. But I told her I'd be back in there soon, so if you don't mind."

"Want us to bring anything up?" She asked as he turned to face the door.

He shrugged. "Plate of food for me, and maybe something easy on the stomach for her. If we got any sports drinks in the fridge she could probably use one too."

Without a word more Angel stepped back into the dimly lit room, shutting the door quietly behind him. "Still kickin', toots?"

You merely groaned lowly in response.

"Good." He chuckled. "I'm having Charlie bring up some food and shit."

"I don't know if I can stomach anything right now." You murmured.

"Gotta at least stay hydrated." He huffed and sat back down on the bed, laying on his stomach as he started messing around in his phone. Opening the missed texts from Charlie before scrolling on social media. "Can't sleep, huh?"

"Not a wink, my nerves are shot." You answered. "How can I be so physically tired yet so unable to sleep? This shit never gets old."

"What was it anyway? A bender?" He asked.

"Just... Like to drink." You lied.

"No one 'just likes to drink' that much just for the sake of liking it. What are you avoiding?"

Your eyes shot open at the bluntness of the white and pink figure who sat beside you, the look on his eyes reminded you of the look your parents gave you when they knew you were telling tall tales. Guy knew his shit, and you weren't hiding anything from him.

"You know how alcohol is a poison?" You asked.

"Yeah?"

"There's feelings inside that I'm trying to kill with it."

"Okay, edgelord." He teased, shaking his head. "Don't be too hard on yourself dollface, we all got shit we don't wanna feel or think about. Welcome to Hell."

"I feel right at home." You joked, spurring a soft laugh from the spider. "What did Charlie want?" You asked, rolling over onto your back and wiping the thin layer of sweat off your brow with the back of your hand.

"Just wondered where we were. I told them what was going on."

"Them?" You wondered, raising a curious brow.

"Charlie and Smiles."

Smiles? You thought. Wait...

"Great." You muttered, taking one of your pillows and holding it over your face in embarrassment.