1

I walk into the classroom and sit down on the desk in front. I decide to take out my English book so that I can start right away. The rest of the class fills the room and not much later, the new teacher enters and immediately writes his name on the blackboard. I swallow some drool and stare dreamily ahead. "Miss?" I hear someone call out. Startled, I look up. Yes?" I say a bit embarrassed. 'I asked if you could say your name' he laughs and I swallow some drool again 'my name is Tessa' I nod. "Ah you're on the list as Theresa" I laugh awkwardly and he goes on to go through the whole class and then starts the lesson. Page 11 and 12 you have to do in silence and then you can go home or to your next class if you have one' I flip to the pages and start filling them in. I've always found English easy so I should be out of here soon, right? A minute later, the teacher is standing in front of my desk looking at what I am writing. You're really good at this, aren't you? I nod and he looks at my backpack. 'You know the second version of that book is better?' I shake my head. 'I have both but I find this one easier to read. Do you read a lot sir? He shakes his head. '1/2 time a week, I used to read more often but now I have a lot of remedial work' he walks back to the board and writes something on it. Don't forget that by next month there will be an English presentation on a book of your choice so be sure to take your time to finish it, people! and for every day you're late you lose a point, so be sure to think about that too! I nod and make a note of it in my diary. I continue with the pages and close the book when I'm done. 'See you tomorrow Theresa' I wave and scream inside when I'm outside. Have I seriously been waving like crazy? What an idiot I am, I think to myself... I go to the cafetaria and decide to grab some lunch before my next class starts. I like history, but i think english is gonna be my new favourite subject, atleast when mr scott is still teaching it. After a long lesson of history i walk back to my bike and cycle home, tomorrow a new day with new chances and mr. Scott.