Island Time

A/n
Hello, and thank you for 1.4k+ reads and 60+ votes! Also, a special thanks to pimpomie for commenting, gr00vymc for voting, and Caimohe for voting and following! This chapter is the start of my favorite arc in the series...  Though I will admit that it is kinda inconvenient for a Maehara X Reader. Well, here's today's update :)

Partway into our summer vacation, I'm enjoying a late morning. I stretch, rolling to my other side and not wanting to get up yet and instead piece together what had happened in my dream. What was that dream about, anyways? I know Hiroto was there, but besides that... Maybe if I fall back asleep I'll remember. However, I never get to follow through with my plans as my door is forcefully thrown open.

"(Y/n)! Your boyfriend is at the door and he won't go away!" (S/n) complains. She has been at home for a couple of days, spending her summer holiday with us.

"For one, he is not my boyfriend!" I insist, grabbing my phone. "And for two, it's my summer break too, and it's only 9:30!" I punctuate my sentence by throwing my extra pillow at (S/n) who dodges and runs out of my room, leaving the door open. I sigh, placing an arm over my eyes. I swear, she acts even younger than me!

"Oh, Hiroto, dear! Come in!" The muffled voice of my mother flows down the hallway from the front door.

"Thanks, Mrs.(L/n)." A familiar voice says.

"I'm so sorry about (S/n). She really shouldn't be so rude to you. (Y/n)'s in her bedroom." My mom says.

"Oh, no it's fine! And thanks." Maehara says, his footsteps getting closer to my door. I pull my blanket over my head. His footsteps stop by my bed and Maehara unceremoniously rips my blanket off me. "Get up, we're going bug hunting!" He announces.

"Wha..?" I murmur. "Do you even know how to catch bugs? You do realize you have to set traps and stuff, right?"

"Yeah, well it'll also give us tons of money." Maehara reasons.

"Only if we happen to get certain ones. There's no guarantee. Now give me my blanket back." I say, sitting up sleepily and reaching for his hand and tugging it towards me so I can remove it from my blanket.

"That desperate to get me in bed?" He asks with a smirk.

"Gross! We're literally still in junior high!" I say, punching his arm.

"I know, I know! I'm just joking!" He says, dropping my blanket and heading to my door. "Get ready, we're going to meet up with Nagisa and Sugino." He says, shutting the door behind him.

"Whoa, just look at 'em all!" Sugino exclaims an hour later. Yes, I had finally gotten ready. As slowly as possible to spite Maehara for waking me up so early, but that's besides the point.

"Why are we here at school?" Nagisa asks, holding a container.

"Well... I don't want people to see me out catching bugs at my age." Sugino says, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "But I've always wanted to do this, and I never got a chance in the city." He says, holding up a beetle. "Plus, Karma happened to point me to a tree with some good bugs on it. Though I didn't expect you to come, Maehara. And you dragged (Y/n) here with you, too."

"Our next assassination's at that island resort, right? Wouldn't you say we're missing a little something?" Maehara says.

"Like what?" Sugino asks.

"Money!" Maehara exclaims, his eyes practically glowing. "You need buying power of you're gonna snag yourself a swimsuited babe!" He says before pointing to the beetle in Sugino's hand. "That runt won't do the trick, but a giant stag beetle! Those babies'll net you tens of thousands of yen! Auction 'em off online for major cashola, and we'll make at least enough to cover a fancy dinner and a place to chill out!" Maehara says before running off.

Flirt (Hiroto Maehara X Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara