Chapter fourteen: December 17th

December 17th:

I'm almost at our tree. I still have my ring but it's big on me so I wear it around my neck on a gold chain. I haven't been eating as much as I should because I've been constantly thinking about him. We lost connection for six whole months because he was busy. Apparently, I'm as skinny as a skeleton. I didn't do it on purpose but my mind was preoccupied by him and nothing else. I nearly failed my exams.

When I get to the tree, I don't see him. He forgot me. I thought he'd remember. Maybe we lost connection because he found someone else. I can't believe I was so stupid to think he'd remember me.

I take a seat on the bench that sits in front of the tree, trying to contain my tears. Romantic christmas music starts to play. Aww, that's so cute. I look all around to see who the lucky person is but no one looks in position to be getting proposed to.

"Excuse me, miss. Can I take you out?" I hear behind me.

"No. I'm in no position to be in a relationship." I don't turn around.

Weirdos.

"Why not?" he questions.

"I'm in a relationship; that's why... though i'm not sure he remembered to meet me. I guess I was hoping for too much." I let out a sad laugh.

"So I can take you out? One drink?"

"Would you leave me the hell alone? I said n-" when I turn around to face the guy, it's him.

"Sp-spencer." I hop on top of the bench to kiss him.

"Hi, Ray-Ray." he smiles against my lips.

"I thought you forgot about me." I cry out of sadness and relief.

"I can't believe you thought that low of me."

Behind him are violinist and guitarists playing the music I heard. Huh?

He lifts me off of the bench I was standing on and places me onto the ground in front of him.

"You're so light and skinny. What happened?" he questions, concerned.

"I haven't been eating that well. I was scared you were ignoring me and you were all I thought about. Food and eating never crossed my mind." I answer truthfully.

"I'm sorry, baby but I really was busy. I'd never ignore you, I promise. But for now," he bends down on one knee, "I have things to say to you. I've spent my whole life, sheltered and childhood-less. I felt like I had no home. I felt like my parents didn't care for me. But you. You changed all of that. You stood by me. You cared for me. You gave me a place to call home. Two places to call home. Our house and you. I love you so much and I need you in my life forever. Will you marry me, Ray-Ray?" he opens a red velvet box and inside is a double banned, circle/oval/square shaped ring.

All I see is diamonds and shimmer.

"The ring... it's so beautiful- it's a lot. How much did you pay for this?" I question on disbelief.

"Does it matter? Love is priceless. Now, will you marry me, my love?"

I'm pretty sure I'm ready. I love him, he loves me. We're both stable and we're making something out of ourselves. I wanna be with him for the rest of my life just as much as he does me.

"Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!" everyone around us shouts.

"Yes, I will." I smile and cry. He rushes to put the ring on my finger and quickly stands up for a kiss.

"This is what you were busy doing for six months, isn't it?" I ask.

"This and some more things I have planned for you. I had to make sure everything was perfect for my fiancé." he kisses me again.

Fiancé. I like the sound of that.

The description of the ring is a little weird because I have three different pictures of rings for different skin tones. I'll post them in the next chapter. :)