Twenty Two

"You should start buying fresh milk."He started on his suit he watch me breastfeed my son. 

"Why?" I ask,in trance how drowning bright my son's eyes are. 

"You might be missing caffeine and alcohol by now, he's old enough to drink pasteurized milk." He added.

Staring at him vacantly, I disdain his foolish suggestion. 

"This doesn't concern you, Ran Haitani." I enunciate apathetically to him. He exhales to my answer and gives me a glass and pitcher of milk. 

"Just don't push yourself too much for him." It's been another year since Manjiro made me one of the executives of Bonten. 

A criminal organization led by Manjiro Sano as a product of the Kanto Manji Gang's victory in the Battle of Three Deities. Bonten is now known as Japan's most feared crime syndicate. 

Bonten is engagedin a variety of illegal activities, gambling, fraud, prostitution, and murder name it all. The organization's ruthlessness and intolerance toward traitors and informants have made it difficult for police to obtain information about their activities. 

"[Y/N], you have a moment?" I put down the little child in his crib and fix my attire. 

"What?" 

"Come with me." He leads the way out of myoffice, entering his own room the two Haitanis sit in there as they wait forus. 

"It's been years," Rindou said, Ran adjusted to where he sat putting ablack square recorder on the table. 

"This is for you." I stare at the smallthing on the table, 

"What's this?" Kakucho fixes his necktie. 

"You should listen to it, even I can't believe what wasrecorded on that." 

The air conditioner resounded in the room, as my eyes stay on the small recorder on the table. Heels clicking on the floor I reach for therecorder and play it. 

"Just give up already! You lost Kisaki! You're weak that all you do is use and manipulate others!!! Moebius, Valhalla, and Tenjiku! You can't do anything by yourself." 

Rustling sounds reverberate from the background, and Hanagaki's definite tone ringed. 

"Are you stupid?! You don't always use brute force to get yourself up to the top! The key to getting what you want is a perfectly crafted plan!" There's a loud pausefrom the set, I put the recorder on full volume. 

"The first plan was to kill Draken and take the spot as the second man pulling the string in Toman from theback. Then the second plan was to make that 'Headless angel' group destroy Toman and put Mikey from the top! The third is to instigate Tenjiku into destroyingToman!" 

Breathing raggedly Kisaki stop amid his statement, I stare at therecorder. 

"I wanted to control Mikey like a puppet and rule the underworld!" Heshouted at Hanagaki, 

"Everything started perfectly as planned! There was no way I was losing!" The record becomes shaky as they fight, 

"I remember it now, the blazing flame and the dark smoked that followed it standing in front of that blaze I swore... I will be at the top of Toman!" Hanagaki resorts to brazen desperationin his tone. 

"And right here was the very same place, this place, in the future... Is where you killed TachibanaHinata." The erratic beat of my heart almost drum out of my chest on the next word that he said.