~2~ The Unknown ~2~

The harsh morning light pored into the open bedroom. Shining brightly into Jessica's eyes. She turned on her side taking a beep breath, and covering her eyes with the back of her hand. The satin sheets felt cold against her bare skin and the warm sun made her tingle. A small smile teased on her lips not really noticeable to anyone watching her. Taking the sheet with her she stood holding it to her chest. Her feet touched the hard wood and she walked over to the bay window across from her bed. Puling the drapes open further she let the light flow threw the room. She stood in the warmth letting it take hold of her, taking her some place other then here. A slight breeze pushed its way threw the window bringing with it the sent of lavender bushes planted just below, along with the lingering aroma of the open yard. The breeze brushed the sheet covering Jessica's body making it dance at her side. She felt a cold hand wrap around her waist followed by a soft kiss on her soft shoulder. She shivered at the touch unsure of what was to come.

"Morning sugar...How did you sleep?" Sam's voice was low, his hot breath grazing her skin. She didn't respond she just stood there watching out the window.

"Did you hear me Jessie?" this time his voice was louder.

"Hmm.... ya I heard you." she leaned back on his shoulder placing her hands on his arm.

"Well then answer me."

"I slept fine... it was a little cold."

She could feel Sam tracing her shoulder with his jaw. It was strangely odd to her to have him touch her like this; lovingly.

"I'm sorry baby why didn't you wake me up?... I would have gotten you a blanket and cuddled with you to keep you warm."

She took a slight pause pondering what he had just said. "I- I didn't think you would have wanted me too."

Sam stopped what he was doing. Grabbing her hips he spun her around to face him. "Jessie... look I know... I know I haven't exactly treated you the best lately, and I am trying. I love you and I don't want to loose you, but I am not the only one at fault here." her eyes narrowed at him showing her disbelief in his statement. "Damn it Jessica... I am trying! You cant expect me to do this alone. You have to put in something to, and trust me talking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry at all the parties when you should be standing at my side, just isn't exactly a good image on either of us."

Jessica could feel the fire in her stomach growing. A fire of hatred and anger. How was it that he was aloud to go get drunk off his ass and run around with every skirt in town with no consequences, but she talks to one guy for five seconds and she is a cheating slut, and everything is her fault. This milled over in her mind over and over in her mind. Every time he looked at her it mad her sick. Of course she loved him and wanted to be with him, but living like this was slowly driving her mad. The constant drinking and abuse, it made her feel like she was just another dime store trinket that he could replace anytime he go sick of her or wanted something new. Which he did quite often. She pushed away from him looking over her shoulder so she didn't have to watch him.

"Let me go...get off." he let her go watching her walk away pulling the satin sheet along with her.

"If that what you want fine... walk away." his words where harsh and stern.

She turned to face him again a look of shock on her face. "You are exactly right I want to walk away. Just like you do every night when you walk out that door. You walk away from me from our life. You come home drunk as shit and expect me to coddle you like a child and lay on my back when ever you please. Well guess what its my turn to walk away. I can't play this game any more Sam. I wont." a tear rolled down her cheek as her voice rose. "I love you Sam... I do, but I refuse to sit her and be your doormat."