6: Letter

Chapter 6

It's been nearly a whole two weeks again. Dmitri has been visiting daily to let me know if he has heard back from his friend about the letter. Yesterday he basically told me and Hop that he didn't think my mom believed the letter or even received it.

That didn't give me a lot of hope if I'm being honest. But I knew my mother she would do anything for her children. I had to keep reminding myself that.

So I tried to keep myself occupied in the mean time.

My mind did wander to my kiss with Dmitri. It had to be my emotions. I mean they were practically everywhere at that time. It was a weak moment for me. It had to be.

But damn was he a good kisser.

Better than Billy. My mind also wondered to Billy as well. I mean we barely knew each other that well. And when we did speak he would only talk about getting into my pants so. But I knew something secret about his life.

Max told me that I was the only person she trusted with knowing this but that they had a terrible home life. Her stepfather would abuse Billy so that made me feel sympathetic for him. No one deserved to go through that. So it's probably best my dad did leave, who knew if my father could ever get like that. Glad he wasn't around for us to figure it out.

*knock knock*

I get took out of my train of thought and see Dmitri standing at my cell.

Again.

"Anything?" I ask him standing up from where I was previously sitting on the floor.

"I am hear today to tell you American, I don't want you getting your hopes up." He says confirming that he still hasn't heard anything.

"Fuck." I Mutter under my breath running a hand through my hair in frustration.

"What's the problem my mother would one hundred percent come after me and Hop, what's the problem?" I ask shaking my head trying to think about maybe what could be wrong.

"Maybe she can't." Dmitri says causing me to shake my head in disagreement.

"No, I know my mom." I tell him.

"Maybe you don't American, she's been morning you for how long now? Maybe she's just excepting it." He says making me feel uneasy.

"No she wouldn't, if there is a chance I'm alive she's hands down coming to find me." I tell him looking up at him.

" I don't know American, she also may suspect it's the KGB I mean it's just not everyday you break into a mall and sabotage a Russian mission to defeat America so maybe she's playing it smart." He tells me.

"Okay Enzo that's definitely not giving me high hopes." I tell him smiling at him sarcastically.

"I'm being honest." He tells me still standing at the front of my cell.

The room falls silent and I sit back down and run a hand through my hair and getting lost in my thoughts.

What if I gave the wrong address?

What if my mom is really morning me?

What if she does think the letter was from the KGB?

What if she'll never come find me?

What if I never make it out of here?

"American?" Dmitri snaps his fingers at me pulling me out of my thoughts.