»»-Chapter 6-««

Start from the beginning

After managing to reach the Wayne's manor without many distractions, he stood at the gate, in awe.
"You live here?!" he exclaimed, audibly gasping.
"I said stay, not live. The owners don't exactly know I'm staying here." I explained, holding my breath that he'd be okay with it.
"That is so cool, woah" he smiled, reassuring me.
"Thanks, now come on! It's even cooler inside!" I said, taking a couple steps back, preparing for a running jump.
"Wait, wait, wait, what are you doing?" he turned to me.
"Well, Adolf, I'm going to do a running jump to get over this stupid fence."
"Is there not another way in? Maybe through the gate?" he asked.
"I mean, maybe? I have the house keys but I haven't checked to see if any of them work on the gate..." I admitted
"Do that first, I don't want to spear myself on a fence if you could've unlocked the gate." he was right in fairness. So I rolled my eyes and pulled the keys out of my bag. I began putting the keys in the lock, turning them, removing them when they didn't work. There was probably 20 keys on this one chain, but after trying 15 or so, one of the keys slid into the lock and turned until I heard a click, the lock fell from the gate and into my hand... we were in. I grinned at him as he opened the gate, gesturing me to enter.
"Such a gentleman" I joked, laughing as he bowed in response.
We walked through the garden towards the front door. I grabbed the key I had marked for the front door and opened it, repeating the same gesture he had done for me, back to him.
"Such a gentlewoman" he smiled back at me before entering and gawking at the foyer. It was massive and I was yet to take it in fully. The chandelier that covered the ceiling, the oak table in the room centre, the velvet curtains on every window. It was glorious. After taking a moment to recover I turned to him.
"Wanna go try on the Wayne's clothes?" I asked him, grinning.
"Do I? Hmm let me consider..." he held a finger to his chin, faux thinking "OF COURSE I DO" he laughed.

We ran through the corridors, wide stretches of open floors. After having kicked off our shoes we slid easily along each surface, laughing at each other when the other would slip and fall. Eventually I began running through the halls, towards the Wayne's master bedroom, him following behind, laughing manically. I had almost reached the door, yelling out "WHO'S THE BEST?!?" before I fell to the floor, hands gripped my waist as my knees were burned from sliding across the floor on my knees. I yelped as I hit the floor, giggling once I was down, lying on my stomach. I began to raise myself  from the floor before feeling a weight on my lower back, a hand on my neck, pulling me backwards, my back arching as I did so. Eventually my back had completely arched, my head beside Mystery man's, his face by mine as he whispered in my ear, "I'm the best."
I was left speechless. His hand still holding me in place by the neck, my mouth opening and closing trying to figure out a response appropriate. "Admit defeat" he continued.
"Never" I whispered back, turning my face to his. Inches between us now. I began using my hands to push myself up to gain some leverage, before he used his free hand to take both my wrists, holding them on the ground in front of me.
"Say it." He was even closer to me now, and I was completely incapacitated, struggling to remove my hands from his grip but he stayed completely still, unfazed. I had no clue where this confidence had come from, a complete 180 from yesterday... I liked it. Of course you do, he could piss in a bottle and force you to bathe in it and you'd think it was the pinnacle of romance. I shook my head, as much as I could, to stop the voice before quietly saying "you're the best." Avoiding looking him in the eyes, I could see his face morph into an even bigger grin.
"What was that, doll face? I didn't quite catch it"
I frowned at him, giving him the best death stare I could give in my... position.
"You heard me. I'm not repeating it." Now looking at him directly. His eyes twinkling with mischief.
"Well I can stay here all night if I have to. And I'm quite comfy as it is." He smiled as he leant further on me, my back against his chest, his face in my hair. I made an aggravated grunt before repeating, louder "you're the best." I could feel his smile in my hair as he held on for one last second.
"Good girl." He released my neck, my back relaxing and my wrists being freed. Before I could react or retaliate he'd already petted my hair like I was a dog and entered the master bedroom, leaving me huffing on the floor. You liked that. Don't try to lie to yourself. I shook my head once more before following the mystery man through to the walk in closet on the opposite end of the room.

"OI! YOU CANT JUST DO THAT!" I shouted at him while walking towards the closet.
"Can't I?" He poked his head around the corner, feigning innocence.
"No. And I honestly think you'll need to make up for it" I joked, closing the space between us so now I was directly beneath him, looking upwards.
"Oh yeah? And how do you suppose I do that?" He asked, looking between my eyes and lips. DONT DO IT GIRL, YOU KNOW YOULL REGRET IT. DO NOT KISS THE ATTRACTIVE STRANGER. I wasn't going to... jeez.
"Well..." I linked my arms over his shoulders and behind his neck. "You could start by telling me your name?" I smiled, still looking up at him through my eyelashes.
"Nice try doll but I'll pass, anything else I could do?" He smirked at me. I've got him exactly where I wanted him.
"Sorry" I said.
"Sorry? For wha-" he couldn't finish his question before I'd pulled hand on my arms, jelly-legging his knees, causing them to buckle. I dodged out of the way, behind him and assuming the same position he was in earlier. Straddling his lower back, this time holding his hands behind his back and pushing my chest into his back so my mouth was directly above his ear.
"Oops where are my manners? You were just about to tell me your name... weren't you?" I teased.
"You little minx..." I laughed at this using my free hand to lightly pull his hair towards me. "Okay, okay! Fine I'll tell you." I released his hair.
"I'm listening..." I urged him, preparing myself for another one of his jokes.
"Jerome. It's Jerome" I grabbed his hair again
"You're sure? No jokes this time." I reminded him. As he hissed at the tug.
"Yes! Yes! It's Jerome! You win, can I get up now?" He asked. I laughed and released him as he shook himself, getting back to his feet. "You're stronger than you look Miss Effie" he joked.
"I could say the same to you Mr Jerome"