"Come here my future star!" My mother yelled and pulled me in a tight embrace. My eyes bulged, "mom, I can't breathe!" She let go and said, "sorry, I just am so excited to see what your future holds, sweetie." Her eyes just fixed on mine and smiled. "This is just the first step, I know you're gonna be something one day." She sighed and said, "you just never fail to make me proud." I just smiled and said, "I'll do anything and everything I can to make you proud mom." She kissed about every inch of my face before stepping backward. "I love you, have a great time." She said while nodding. "I love you too, mom."

Lastly, my dad came up to me. He walked up to me and said, "I don't do hugs, just give me a handshake and we'll continue on with our daily lives." I looked at him puzzled and put out my hand. He joined our hands together and pulled me into to a bear hug. "What? You think I was gonna let my little girl leave without a bear hug? You must be crazy." I let out a muffled laugh into his chest while he continued. He released and looked at me, tears forming in the corner of his eyes, "Have fun baby, don't get into to trouble, well..at least not too much." He said with a wink. "I love you, and remember our little deal, you're gonna flip that car when you come back!" I replied, "I love you too, and dad..I'm a Jauregui, I always keep my promises." He wiped his eyes and said, "That's right!"

"Well, I guess this is where we depart." I said to my family. I grabbed the handle of my suitcase and began to walk towards the boarding line. I looked over my shoulder and waved. They waved back and headed towards the parking lot.

"This is where it all begins." I said to myself.

I handed the woman my ticket and made my way towards the plane. I looked at my ticket and found my seat, "woo! A window seat!" I squealed while I sprinted towards my seat. I put my bag in the cubby above me and put my headphones in. I buckled my seatbelt and prepared for takeoff.

I heard a voice on the intercom, "this is your captain speaking. Make sure all passengers are buckled up and ready to go. Please no getting out of your seats until we takeoff. Other than that, enjoy the flight. Los Angeles, here we come."

I was so excited to go to Los Angeles, I mean..Miami is fun, but you don't get as many opportunities in Florida like you would in California. Before I picked what song I wanted to listen to, someone came and sat next to me.

She was gorgeous. She had long brown hair, beautiful brown eyes and full lips. I was completely frozen, she threw me off of my game, which so happened to always be on point when it came to girls. Not to brag but I always seemed to have a charm that most girls couldn't handle, my dad called it, "the Jauregui curse."

"Hi, I'm Camila. It's nice to meet you." She greeted. Everything around me was a blur, I was focused on her and her only. "I'm Lauren, it's nice to meet you as well." I replied with a warm smile. She didn't say anything, she was just looking into my eyes. I cleared my throat, "you okay?" I asked with a laugh. She jumped a little and shook her head, "I'm sorry, it's just..you have beautiful eyes."

My cheeks began to feel hot, but I played it cool and replied, "Thank you, yours aren't bad either." She just smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry, I see you're trying to listen to music, I'm sorry if I disturbed you." I shook my head and protested, "not at all, I find other people's presence around me more inviting than music." I lied, I lied so hard. I hated people, music was my only escape from reality. You can zone out the world with music and just let your life be your personal music video. But something about this girl, I literally just met her not even five minutes ago and I already felt this strange connection. I thought to myself, why? I was never the one that fantasized about love, I felt like it was too good to be true. Also, I've seen too many people get heartbroken, and I don't do heartbreaks well. I've never been heartbroken, but I've witnessed heartbreaks. Yeah, count me out.