Chapter 13

Once we get in all three of us lean on the door and chuckle.

"Someone is famous," Darry laughed from the other room. Pony and Johnny stepped in front of me. Johnny faced me, I gave him a questioning look. He didn't answer me but he took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"SODA! Put some clothes on! Y/n is here!!" I hear Ponyboy yell, followed by a loud thumping. Almost like someone fell down some stairs. Then, Steve came into the room with a beer in his hand, along with Two-bit. Johnny and Pony moved from in front of me. Darry was sitting at the table as Soda came stumbling in the room. His shirt was unbuttoned and he was trying to pull up his jeans. I saw Pony face-palm.

"Oh hey,Y/n," Soda said sarcastically and winked. I shook my head and laughed, winking back.

Me, Johnny, Pony, and Two-bit were watching the Tv while Steve and Soda and Darry played cards.

"Why do you fight, Y/n?" Pony asked me. I thought for a moment.

"I guess, if they deserve it... revenge," I answered.

"What if they don't deserve it?" He asked. The Socs deserved it though. They hurt my friends, they killed James, they were going to kill Ponyboy and Johnny. They deserve it.

"Then, I won't fight 'em," I shrugged. It got later in the day and it was time for the rumble. The boys tried to keep me home. They all left while I went to grab a cancer stick from the kitchen. I heard them leaving and rushed out the door. I saw them chanting other names for greasers and cheering. I ran up to them.

"Cause we are-" I cut off Soda.

"Hoods, delinquents, JDs, O' victims of environment!" I yelled from next to Ponyboy. He jumped a tiny bit, everyone laughed.

"Get thee hence, white trash," Two-bit said in a snobby voice. "I'm a Soc, I am privileged and well-dressed. I throw beer blasts and break windows at fancy parties!"

"And what do you do for fun?" Pony asked.

"I...JUMP greasers!" Two-bit yelled and did a cartwheel. I rolled my eyes.

Show off.

Everyone started doing cartwheels and parkour.

"Y/n? C'mon," Soda said, gesturing to the street to do some type of parkour.

"I don't know-" I started. 

"Ah c'mon," They all pressed. I rolled my eyes and ran forward. I did a cartwheel with no hands. So, basically a flip but with the start and end of a cartwheel. I landed and smirked. Their mouths dropped, we continued flipping and spinning until we went to the spot where we would have our fight. I saw another gang there, though I didn't know who they were. Then, I saw the Shepard's gang. I saw Tim Shepard, Curly's big brother. I searched the crowd for Curly. I got a bit worried.

"You gotta cancer stick?" I heard someone cough behind me. I turned and saw Curly smirking down at me.

"What's the magic word?" I smirked as well. He pretended to think.

"Hm...NOW!" He threw his arms around my waist and lifted me up. We both laughed as he set me back down. I pulled him into a hug.

"You dumbass, all you had to do was get in the damn car," I whispered to him. I felt him laugh. I pulled away.

"I saw you wearing my shirt in the paper," Curly smirked, I punched his arm playfully and Johnny came up to us.

"Hey, Curly," Johnny greeted.

"Hiya," Curly responded. For some reason, Johnny looked nervous. It was probably the rumble. I slipped my hand in his to try and calm him down. Curly looked between us and chuckled.

"You guys are cute," He muttered, then walked back to his outfit. I went to follow but someone put their hand on my shoulder. I look over to see Pony.

"Where ya goin' ?" He asked.

"Your with us now," Darry smiled, like a real smile. I grinned back. I mean sure, it was nice to be with the Shepherds but only Curly really liked me. With these guys it was like I belonged to something again.

I heard a noise coming from ahead. We looked up and saw the Socs were arriving. We all lined up and faced them. When they came up to us I saw some of the boys that were with Bob. When I killed him. The Socs lined up in front of us.