1

It was August 11th. I was at home, cleaning my room, music blasting from my TV speaker. It was so loud, I didn't notice my manager standing in my bedroom doorway.

"Kid, you gotta turn your music down a little or someone'll sneak in." My manager, Lottie, said.

"Sorry" I replied.

"It's ok." she said. "I just came to talk to you. I need you to open for another of my clients for his tour."

"What?" I asked. "I literally just got back home from the last one!"

"I understand, but trust me" she started. I gave her a look. "It's one of the top country singers, and it'll promote not only his music, but yours as well."

I could only imagine who it would be. No way someone in the top of country would want me to open for their concerts. Yeah, I've had some successful songs, but I never made it to the top ten in songs, albums, or singers.

"Who's askin' for me?"

"Morgan Wallen." she said, a hint of disappointment in her voice.

"Why you sound so upset about it?" I asked Lottie.

"He won't perform without you, so I really need you to do this for me." she sighed.

We sat in silence for a minute. I didn't know what to do. I've always idolized Morgan. He was the inspiration for many of my songs. But I just got back from another tour. It was a three month long tour with Maddie and Tae. I was opening for them as well. But I also didn't want to let Lottie down. Morgan was her highest client.

"Fine." I sighed.

"Thank you, kid." she said, a smile spread on her face. "I'll make it up to you, I promise."

"It's ok, Lottie. I get to meet my favorite artist in country so that's alright for me."

"Ok, kid" she said. "We leave tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 7 am."

"Sounds good."

Lottie walked out of the room. I got out the suitcase and duffle bag that I just put away. I opened up my dresser and began to lay out some outfits. I went on my laptop to look for some of Morgan's concert outfits. I wanted to try and match his vibe, but not too much. I got out some of my tank tops, and some leggings, and jeans. I grabbed a few pairs of boots as well as some sneakers and high heels. I walked over to my closet and stared at the dresses. I grabbed two sundresses, along with a nicer, slim dress. I didn't want to wear just pants and shorts to each concert, and you never know when you need to dress up.

By the time I finished packing, it was 9 pm. I decided I would go to bed now that way I had a decent amount of sleep for tomorrow. I brought my bags downstairs by the door, and turned off my music. When I was situated into bed, I made sure to set an alarm for 6:30 am. I didn't need much time to get ready. I plugged in my phone and slowly drifted to sleep.

Word Count: 521