Chapter 15 - Forest Sisters

Start from the beginning

"I know..." started Swift.

"And we won't be at the Prowlers for too long." Calasear continued, the information about Thomas still fresh in his mind.

"I kno- haaaaa!!" The swordhog started again but then suddenly fell into a hole, which was hidden by a leaf covering. And now they were at rock bottom of this trap.

Swift just laid in his position for a few moments while blinking out of confusion. He slowly rose back to his feet as he rolled his right shoulder. "Who puts a pit trap in the middle of the forest?"

"Someone who lives here." Calasear wisely pointed out the obvious.

Any normal person couldn't climb the slippery walls of the this pit. But Swift wasn't like regular people, thanks to his incredible leg strength this would be an easy task for him to scramble out. The blue Hedgehog jumped from wall to wall while stepping higher with each jump and eventually landed at the top opening right in front of someone.

The individual in question was a green female pronghorn with yellow eyes. She wore black long pants and a black short sleeve shirt. What caught the duos attention was the purple gauntlets the deer was wearing. Confusion was clearly written all over the pronghorn's face.

"Sorry about that, didn't mean to scare you like that." Swift said with a smile trying to calm the startled lady down.

Calasear immediately became worried, he and Swift were supposed to avoid any witnesses. And for all they knew this deer could be- wait a moment... A pit trap in an unknown forest with no inhabitants as far as Wise Steel knew, and this deer seemingly coming... out... of...

"Swift she's a-!" Calasear shouted, but his warning was cut short by the Pronghorn.

"Clover, Bell, the bounty is out!!" the green deer called out names while cupping her hands to her mouth.

And thus, two more figures jumped down from the trees.

The one on Swift's right was another Pronghorn just like the one in front of him. But the only difference was that this one had purple eyes, wielding a pole with two curved blades at both ends. A scythe if he remembered correctly. The other difference was that she wore a black cloak that covered her legs. This was Clover.

To Swift's left was a yellow Rabbit with green eyes, who wore a light purple counterpart to the first Pronghorn's black clothing. And she even had her own light grey gauntlets. This was Bell.

"-Bounty Hunter..." Calasear finished his sentence in his thoughts.

Flash Back ends

"Did that sword just speak or am I going insane?" The yellow eyed Pronghorn asked to no one specific, looking back and forth between the hedgehog and the sword.

"Cassa, please focus on the matter at hand." Clover reminded the gauntlet wielding Deer, as they tightened their circle around the bounty leaving no room to escape.

"But she does raise a good question. If the thing is magic-" Bell started but was cut off by the source of conversation.

"Thing!?" Calasear's voice shook with such volume it caught everybody off guard, that included Swift himself. It was clear that Calasear was ticked-off. "I may have the form of a sword but I still possess a name, a will and soul of my own!!"

"Uhhhhh." Was the shared response of Cassa and the gauntlet wielding Rabbit. Can one really blame them? Who would respond to a talking sword going on like that. As for the other Bounty Hunter, her reaction wasn't as vocal but she did stand as still as a deer spotted in lights.