𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 || 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝

AT THE DAY OF THE S1, KENZO WELCOMED BACK THE feeling of excitement and anxiety throughout the air.

He had volunteered to help out the Council, per Mao's request, handing out brochures and flyers to the excited audience that flooded Yumenosaki's grounds. It had became so busy that he had lost sight of the maroon-haired student, and became flooded by people here for the preformances. Upcoming first-year kids toured around the school, parents meeting their kids, and friends meeting up to witness the spring show.

Oh how much I missed this joyful time...

"I can't wait to see AKATSUKI again! I wonder what performance they have this time!"

"Ugh, all this time my girlfriend wanted to watch a bunch of boys singing and dancing..."

"Momma! Look, look!"

"Wah~ this is amazing!!"

Kenzo had caught eye on a short, blonde-haired male fawning over... well, everything. The school, some students he recognized, and even the posters. The kid made it over to the table where the third-year was stationed, and once he faced him, the blonde's eyebrows shot up.

The student gave him a close-eyed smile. "Why hello~! Welcome to Yumenosaki!"

"K-Kenzo Shintani?!"

Oh wow, he recognized me? Having a double-take, the said male stared back at the blonde, who looked flustered. "Yes?"

"Oh my god!" Squealing, he fumbled with his satchel, fanboying. "You- you're back! In the flesh! I've only seen you like once on stage- well like everybody else I guess- and I loved your performance! Wah, I love your singing voice, it just sounds so beautiful! I love~ KING is such an admirable unit!!"

Kenzo slighly winced at the mention of a past event, but not wanting to burst the kid's bubble, he beamed. "Thank you! I'm surprised that I gained fans outside of school, ehe~ I'm not exactly a full-time idol, considering I'm still in school..."

The kid cooed, lightly pushing his notebook towards him. "You're a third-year, right?! Uwah, amazing! It'll be soon enough that you will be! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm taking to the Kenzo Shintani- can you please sign my book!"

Chuckling, the dual-haired student grabbed his ink pen from his pocket. "Of course. What's your name, by the way?"

"A-Aira Shiratori!"

"Mhm... y'know, meeting a fan after my rehabilitation is quite nice. Lovely meeting you!" Finishing his signature, he closed the book and handed it back to Aira, who looked like he was about to explode.

"L-likewise!"

Giving him a final wave and a flyer, he said goodbye to him. "Au revoir, Aira-kun!"

Ehe, French.

As the blonde rushed off, Kenzo couldn't help but feel slightly better. Although the kid had brought up some past memories, it had also reminded him how good it felt to make somebody's day just like that.

'That's what we do, Kenzo. We just try to make the world smile.'

"Hey, Shintani-senpai!" Mao rushed over to him, carrying a thick wad of flyers. "Thank you so much for filling in! I'm sorry it was such a short notice... er, I'll take over from here! Do you mind checking on TrickStar for me!"

Nodding, Kenzo got up from his seat. "Of course. You better be following right after, though."

"Hai!"

After being released by Mao, he made his way to the back of the auditorium. Technically he wasn't supposed to be here, he should be watching the S1 back at his homeroom, but seriously, since when was he like Keito, huh? Following the rules?