0.0

"How will we break our promise to England? How will all the letters and seals be destroyed? We cannot give Arcelia to France. We can negotiate with France for Benita." said the queen of Spain.

"The king of France will die soon. Andre will be king. Remember that Andre is the sole heir to the throne. How do we propose Benita to Andre knowing that he loves Arcelia?" said the king.

The queen walked around the room. She sighed in distress. The problem of the collusion she had with Britain for months was just beginning to emerge. Unbeknownst to everything, their daughter Arcelia was walking in the garden of the palace with her sister Benita. She was smiling, happy. The queen looked at her daughters through the window of the room. Their beautiful daughter.. Arcelia looked just like herself. Brave, determined, warlike, ambitious, stubborn.. At the same time, the red-haired was a disaster. She was very beautiful, all Spain and the surrounding kingdoms adored her. Benita, on the other hand, was a gentle, calm, dignified girl. She looked like her father, too. Her name is not mentioned because he is in the shadow of his sister.

"Arcelia will be very upset. She loves Andre. Besides, he spent a lot of time with Andre! How do you know Honour would accept Arcelia like that?"

The Queen turned to the king angrily: "You can't talk about my daughter's honor! Besides, Honour knows Andre. Because of Andre, he can't return from the deal and give up Spain's support. We'll talk to Arcelia first, then Andre. When everything is ready, our daughter will go to England and she will be the Queen of England!"

"Abril, you're making a lot of mistakes. As if making a deal with England wasn't enough for your daughter, you're going to turn France against us. Even if Andre gives up on Arcelia, Arcelia won't give up on Andre. You're pushing your daughter to misery. Let's deal with England in other ways, let Arcelia be queen of France. Let's be on good terms with both countries. Abril, think twice before you talk to our daughter about this." he said and put his hand on his queen's shoulder.

"Since when did your daughters' happiness become more important than the future of the country, Benard? Remember, I'm more authoritative than you. This country is rich because of me. We'll be even richer because of Arcelia's marriage. I'll talk to her right away."

King Benard smiled helplessly. "As you wish, my queen." he said and left the room.

"God! I miss Andre so much, Benita. I wish he'd come to see me." said Arcelia. Her hands were on her heart.

Benita smiled at her sister. "He will come." she said. "He will be king very soon. You know the king of France is on his deathbed. He must prepare to proclaim his kingdom."

Arcelia nodded. "You're right, sister."

"Princesses. The Queen wishes to see you for dinner. Please come with me and get ready for the evening." said the king's deputy. Girls looked at each other. Normally, only their brother Anthony attended dinner. Arcelia had been aware that for several weeks there had been trouble at the palace. The source of the trouble would be revealed tonight, she knows. Benita jumped with joy and, "Let's get ready." she said. Together they followed the king's deputy and entered the palace.

Hello everyone. I am writing this story to improve my English. Waiting for your feedback and criticism. Thank you for everything!