You Can Never Lose Me

Warning: Language, Angst, Violence, Fluff

Synopsis: You are Eleven's older sister in the way of being the only two last living of Papa's experiments, you have stayed behind to keep an eye on the others when Eleven leaves for California. You end up meeting and developing a relationship with Eddie Munson despite what everyone thinks, but when shit begins to hit the fan in Hawkins once more, you rush to his defense with everyone else in your friend group. You are fighting alongside him and Dustin in the Upside Down when things start to get dire, your powers evolve into something more when you hold a dying Eddie in your arms, this allows him to be brought back.

Word Count: 1,124

[Spoilers for S4 if you haven't seen it yet, and some quotes will be improvised for this work.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pant softly as I try to catch my breath, my eyes flit around the ash filled room inside Eddie's trailer within the Upside Down, the sounds of the Demobats have died down, but I can feel them just outside, watching, waiting for us to make a move. "We need to go now.", I whisper to Dustin and Eddie, Eddie's eyes meet mine and he nods before helping Dustin, then me up the make-shift sheet rope back to the real world. I am looking up at Eddie once I land on the mattress beside Dustin, "Your turn Eds.", I say to him, he smiles sweetly at the nickname I gave him just a few months back when we started dating. He says nothing before cutting the sheet rope, "Eddie!", Dustin's voice joins mine as we yell to him, "Not all running is bad, it led me to you [Y/N], but right now no more running.", I can feel the bravery radiating from Eddie through the portal. I shake my head and tears fill my eyes, "Eddie, please, no....", he gives me one more sweet smile before running out of the trailer, Dustin watches alongside me in horror, "Eddie!!", we scream.

I shiver as I sob softly, "I can't help him from here Dustin, help me back through.", I look over at the Henderson boy, I can see tears in his own eyes, he is one of Eddie's best friends and mine, we both care deeply for the goofy metal head. I finally manage to pull Dustin back through the portal after I get through back to the Upside Down. We hold our weapons tightly as we rush out of the trailer, we are met with the sight of the Demobats swarming around Eddie a few yards from us, my heart sinks, I can't lose him. We swat away a few stray bats as we make a run for Eddie, I can hear him struggling from where we are, the remainder of the bats fall to the ground in heaps after I manage to kill a few with my powers. My heart sinks even deeper when I look away from the corpses of the bats to Eddie's body. "Eds!", I cry out and rush to his side, I waste no time in pulling him into my arms, tears fall from my eyes as I watch him gasp for air. Blood trickles down the side of his mouth when he coughs, I am met with the sight of his bloody smile.

"I didn't run away this time right?", he croaks out in between coughs, I let out a choked half sob/half chuckle, "No, no you didn't Eddie. You were brave, so very brave baby.", I assure him. I feel Dustin kneel down beside me, his sobs sound off to my left, "Take care of them for me will you [Y/N]?", Eddie asks, I can hear him let out a soft sob of his own. I shake my head, "No, hey, you'll be fine. We can bring you back to the other side and get help.", I tell him, he shakes his head slowly. I choke back a strangled sob as I can see life slowly leave his eyes, "No, it won't matter.", he whispers out. My heart lurches into my throat, "No, Eddie, please don't leave me. I c...can't lose you. Please hold on.", I sob harder. But the light has gone out in Eddie's eyes as soon as the words leave my mouth, Dustin leans his head against my shoulder as he breaks down into uncontrollable sobs.

My head falls back and I let out an anguished scream so loud it causes Dustin to cover his ears, it is such a powerful scream it makes the ground beneath us shake. Soon my scream dies down into more sobbing, a small trickle of blood falls from my nostril. I finally settle for resting my head against Eddie's unmoving chest, not wanting to move or leave him behind, "You can never lose me sweetheart.", I hear a voice croak out. My heart lurches into my throat at the voice, it is his voice, I move my head away from his chest to see Eddie's eyes open slowly, the life that had been snuffed out filling them once more. "E..Eddie?!", I let out a sob, my hands cup his face and I plant my lips against his gently. 

Dustin is happy crying beside me as I help Eddie sit up before us, the wounds that were covering his body are now fully healed and gone, "B..but how?", Dustin asks, I shrug softly and Eddie smiles softly. "After it went dark, I heard her, I heard [Y/N]. It pulled me back, which is honestly the best thing, because I didn't get to tell her I love her.", he says as he keeps his gaze locked on mine. "Y..you love me?", I ask, astonished at his confession, he nods and leans forward to rest his forehead against mine, "Yes, fuck yes I have since that day you joined Hellfire. I just knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my days with.", he adds.

His words bring fresh tears to my eyes, I cup his face and look into those brown eyes that captivated me since the first day we met, "Oh Eds, I love you too, so much it hurts.", I confess myself. He smiles more and reconnects his lips to mine, we kiss for a moment before Dustin and I help him to his feet, "Come on, we need to finish this.", I slide my hand into Eddie's as the three of us look up into the storm brewing in the red sky, "Let's finish this fucker.", I hear Dustin comment, we all nod and recollect our weapons so we can finish the fight against Vecna.