"Cal..." Steve began.

"This is so... so bullshit! There's always one of us in danger, every year! God... Fuck!" Cal yelled, pacing back and forth in the office.

Max slowly walked over to the young Harrington and grabbed his hand, the boy stopping before turning to face her. They both had tears welling up in their eyes, threatening to slip out.

Cal brought her into a soft hug as Max returned it instantly, both of them gripping onto each other for dear life. They stayed still in each other's embrace, the other members of the group staring at them, not knowing what to say.

A loud bang in the hallway interrupted them as it made all of them jump. Steve opened the door and stepped into the hallway, fists clenched as he looked around.

"Stay here," Steve said to the others, grabbing a lamp for protection as he left the office, Dustin, Robin and Nancy following him, leaving Cal and Max.

Cal sighed, having calmed down, before cupping Max's cheeks, "You're not dying." He stated, as if it was a matter of fact, "I-I won't let you. I'll do everything I can to force myself into your mind and give that Vecna creep a thing or two, understand?" Cal told the redhead.

"Cal..." Max whispered.

"No, I promised I'll save you, remember? I intend to keep that promise, no matter what. So please, please, tell me you understand." Cal begged.

Max looked at him, wiping away the tears in her eyes before nodding her head, "I understand," The red head said. "We should go catch up with the others," Max suggested as Cal nodded in agreement.

The two exited the office to find the group slowly creeping down the hallway as More banging came from the hallway closest to them, all six of them freezing in their tracks. Steve held his lamp above his head getting ready to attack.

They all screamed as Lucas ran around the corner, Steve swinging at him before stopping in mid air.

"It's me!" Lucas cried.

"Lucas?" Cal yelled, angry from the scare and happy to see his friend.

"It's me," Lucas panted.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you?" Steve yelled.

"I'm sorry," Lucas continued to pant.

"I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve yelled, brandishing the lamp around.

"Sorry, guys. Sorry. I was... I was biking for eight miles," Lucas groaned as he rubbed his side. "Give me a second," he said.

"Shit," Robin breathed.

"We've got a code red," Lucas said.

"What?" Dustin said.

"Dustin. I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger," Lucas said seriously.

"All right. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason now," Dustin said, looking over to where Max stood, her hand interlocked with Cal's as they stood side by side.

Lucas looked at him confused before following his gaze to the couple as they looked back at the boy with fear in their eyes.

Cal stood against the wall in Mike Wheeler's basement the next morning, between where Max was writing letters at the desk and where Steve, Dustin and Lucas were reading about Nancy and Robin's findings while Nancy and Robin were upstairs.

He was staring at Max, his eyes unmoving from her. Max let out a sigh.

"I know you're staring at me, Blue." She said.