the beginning

y/n pov:
it was the third day at cousins beach this summer. i had done nothing but sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. the ocean fascinates me. the way the waves go back and fourth in perfect rythym. it's so beautiful. it was about noon and i was reading a romance novel on the balcony and i heard my aunt laurel call me down. "coming!" i yelled. i put my book on the bed and went downstairs and saw everybody there. it was time for lunch. "go and get the boys and tell them lunch is ready, girls." she said. we walked out the back door and onto the pool area and i yelled, "lunch is ready!" conrad turned around first and gave me a nod. then jeremiah came and picked up belly and swung her around. it was cute. they've been dating for about three years now. they were so in love i was jealous. i have always been in love with conrad but i hide it very well. the only person that knows is belly. she swears she'd never tell a single soul. and i believe her. although belly may be my cousin, she's also my best friend. shes always there for me.

i turned around and walked back in feeling a little bit of jealousy brewing in my throat. i wanted someone to love me like that. i wasn't very hungry so i only hate a bag of chips and then i went and laid out to tan. i loved being at cousins and all, but i also hated it. all the girls at cousins were so beautiful and tiny and i've always been bigger. i have a pretty face but i hate my body. i hate talking about myself but it's just something i've always struggled with being best friends with belly. belly is gorgeous and i can't compare. i heard the door open and close and i suddenly felt insecure and i put my towel over me and i sat up. i turned around and i saw conrad standing there watching the ocean. this summer he's been very distant. usually we would be talking and he hasn't said a word to me. he just watches me. "hi conrad." i said. he nodded his head and came and sat on the chair beside me. "did you cut your hair?" he asked. i giggled. "yes, i got layers." i replied. "i like it." he replied. suddenly my cheeks were starting to flare. "thanks." i said. he chuckled. it was the awkward silence that made me want to die. i sighed and i put my towel around my body so conrad wouldn't see me in my swimsuit. i stood up and i walked back inside. conrad watched me the whole time. i felt bad for leaving conrad but it was awkward and i felt too insecure. i practically ran upstairs and jumped in the shower. i changed clothes and put on a fresh outfit and then went back downstairs.

later, belly came in my room and sat on my bed. "y/n, jeremiah said there's a party tonight and he's making me go so you must suffer through it too." she said with her little giggle. "no. i hate parties. plus i feel so out of place. i feel so like big or something i don't know." belly rolled her eyes. "your not fat y/n. you've gotta stop saying you are. everybody is built different and i promise nobody is gonna say anything." she said. i smiled. "thank you." she put her hand on mine and said "be ready by ten." i rolled my eyes and nodded. "yay!" she said. she got up and ran out excitedly. i groaned and went to my closet. i had no party clothes. absolutely none. i grabbed some jean short shorts and then i found a cute tshirt that said my schools name on it.

....

to be continued...

a/n:sorry this is so long. i promise there's a point to the story lol. :))