Jealousy, Jealousy

Start from the beginning

The day finally ended and the four of us went into the car to go back home. I sat at the very back with Ning as I tried to drown out all of their talking so I could sleep. Unfortunately, it didn't work and all I could hear was Aeri unnie and Ning laughing out loud at a TikTok that they found. Usually, Jimin unnie knows that I like to sleep on the way back home and would tell the two to quiet down, but I noticed she was busy on her phone texting someone.

I could feel the change in our dynamic. It's, honestly, been building up over the past couple of weeks, but I've tried to reach out and make us reconnect like we used to.

Maybe she is falling out of love with me.

The tears pricked my eyes again and I turned more towards the window, so my members wouldn't see. I let out a silent breath as I tried to control my emotions.

Not now, Minjeong. Just wait a little bit longer.

The car arrived to our dorm and we all filed out quickly so we could wash up and sleep.

Finally, as I laid in my bed, I could only release a sigh at the thought of losing Jimin unnie.

I turned my head when I heard the door creak open and was slightly surprised to find Jimin unnie come in, but I didn't show it. Of course, she's come in on multiple occasions to either sleep with me or watch some movies together or just talk the night away. But that hasn't happened in a while and I had no idea where this would lead to.

"Hey, could I come in?"

I sat up on my bed and nodded. I looked down at my fingers as I fiddled them and heard the door shut as Jimin unnie shuffled across the room to settle down next to me on the bed.

I looked up at her. "Did you need something?"

"Is everything okay? You seemed kinda off today. Ryujin noticed it too."

I internally scoffed and bit my tongue before I said something worse.

"It's nothing. I'll get over it." I replied, emotionlessly.

Jimin unnie scoffed and shook her head. "Come on Minjeong. Don't be like this."

"Like what?"

"This! Why are you shutting me out and acting so different lately?! I'm your girlfriend, you should know that you can tell me if something is bothering you."

I chuckled at the irony of it all and bit my lip. "Really? You're asking me why I'm the one acting different?" I felt the tears building in my eyes again as I turned my body towards her. "I've been meaning to ask you that for the past couple of weeks. You really think I'm disconnecting from you? You don't even come into my room anymore. You make excuses to cancel our dates on our day-offs. You've been avoiding all of my kisses. You won't even let me hug you or hold hands, even though you know that it could be regarded as platonic if we were to get caught. You could've told me if you wanted to break up with me or if you had someone else-"

I felt a stinging sensation on my left cheek as the sound resonated throughout my room.

"M-Minjeong."

I could see Jimin unnie's shaking hand as she tried to comfort me.

"Y-you...you were the one who said we'd never lay a hand on each other." I cried out. "Just...get out unnie."

I pushed her hand away and looked at her in the eyes, telling her that she's hurt me way too much.

"I-I'm sorry...please...I didn't mean to." I saw her own tears falling as she fought my resistance to try and get close to me. "Listen...Minjeong...please."