Chapter 3 Forgetful

I was staring at him. The man that no one wants to be seen next to, the man that people fear, the man that was in everyone's nightmares.

"Harold Saxon", I spat. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Leyna, my dear Leyna. I was just about to ask you the same thing", he told me, walking towards me with a sky grin.

"Are you here to take the Earth again?"

"How do you know about that? After I 'died', and time was put back to normal, everyone forgot. How did you remember?" He leaned foreword, as if intrigued.

Wow, I never thought about that. Whenever I asked people about it they would say, 'Saxon who?', or 'Taking over the world?!? Leyna, you're grown up, stop making things up'. But the truth was, I wasn't making any of it up, and now that I saw Saxon in real person after a few years, I thought that it would happen again.

"Leyna, you do look familiar. Where have I seen you before?"

"I interviewed you."

I did, I interviewed him a few years ago, and I still had the tape. He was insane, and so was his wife. At least she was somewhat reasonable. He, well he was just plain crazy.

"Oh yes, but how do you remember that?"

From what I know, the day he took over the world happened. The day he died happened. But it somehow seems like a lost thought or half forgotten memory. That happened on May 16, but after he took over the world, the date was at January 12, 1 year back. A year that no one remembered, a year that never existed.

"I don't know."

I did know, I still have the tape. I still have all the recordings of everything that he did when he ran for government. His speeches, questionings, and even some very rare documents of his. Like how he 'graduated', or his 'accomplishments'. Though, the only thing that he ever accomplished was destroying my home and making everyone think that I was the crazy one. That I was the one that needed to be in a mental institution.

"You're lying. See, you won't like me when I'm angry. Right now, I'm not like this", he put a smile on his face, "I'm like this", he frowned.

"What, acting like a child?"

As soon as I said that, I knew I shouldn't have. This man was not someone to talk back to. He grabbed me by the wrist, shoved me down on a bench, and say down himself.

"Don't make me angry", he screeched, leaning in closer and closer wit each word.

"Why, what's going to happen?"

I didn't need his threats, nor would I listen to them when they were given. The look on his face though, said otherwise. The look on his face would make anyone scared, even Oliver Queen if he were real. Because the thing that Oliver would never say to the master is, 'You have failed this city'. And the thing I would never do to the master, is talk back. Not now, anyways.

"Okay, just one more question."
I needed to know the answer to this, it would make everything seem knowledgeable to me.

"What?" he asked, rather impatiently.

"I might have remembered, but why did everyone forget?"

He thought about this for a few minutes before simply shrugging and saying,"Ask the Doctor."

What would the Doctor have to do with this? I wasn't on the ship, so I don't know what happened. And my tape ended where the Earth was being destroyed, not where it was being renewed. I guess that the master saw the look on my face because he smiled and evil grin.