warm welcome

A/N HIIIIII people, sorry I didn't update this in like... 2-3 months(???) Like I said before I'm pretty shit at updates in stuff. The picture up top is from my ASL class, I thought that dude looked alot like charlie so I took a pic 🤡✌️

I walk through the door to find a pretty average history classroom, posters an' stuff like that. At the teachers desk sat a blond man with a scruffy beard and great black, tattered wings. He seemed to be typing but stopped once he noticed me.

"Oh hello! You must be the new student, I'm Mr. Minecraft, and you are?" I shift from one foot to the other, "I'm Y/n, sir.." He simply smiles, "you don't have to to say sir, I feel old now!"

" Phil, you're literally immortal, you are old." A deep voice spoke from behind me, causing a slight jolt. I glanced behind me and see another boy, 6ft something, rich honey brown hair, and chocolate eyes.

Fuck

He's...

Wow

I blink and shove those thoughts away. The very attractive boy grinned down at me, 'he has lovely lips , very nice indeed- AGH SHI-' I curse my internal dialogue just as he begins to speak.

"Hey, I'm Wilbur, don't mind Phil, he tries to make every student who'll listen his friend." I feel my cheekbones turn warm, "Do you really have to say such hurtful things to your own father will?"

Heh?

"Just stating facts, Phil." Wilbur has a very nice smile, but his complexion is almost ghostly. I just shrug, "I don't think he looks that old.." Phil seemed to hold a smug face as he turned to Wilbur as if you say 'hA! SEE!?'

Wilbur laughs and shakes his head, putting his book bag on the table behind him and I. Phil turned back to me, "Well Y/n, why don't you go and sit with Wilbur. He'll help you along with our current class project etc etc.." I nodded and turned to sit with Wilbur.

He smiled at me and, since I can't really smile, I closed my eyes in a mock of a smile. Wilbur began to help me with figuring out my school computer and even let me in on his class project, since he was working alone.

Whilst working on our project, we bond over some shared music taste, I even tell him I really enjoy this band I'm super shy about. "Wait, wait, wait... You like Lovejoy?!" I hummed a quiet "yes", Wilbur cracked a huge grin, " Y/n, I'm Wilbur soot, the lead singer."

I'm an idiot, how did I NOT recognize him?! I shared this thought and we laughed. The topic of family is eventually brought up. " I live with my foster mom Claire, foster dad Darrian, and my younger brother Micheal, we also have a service cat Bongo, but she helps Micheal with his social anxiety."

Wilbur nods, seeming to understand and just as he was about to say something the bell rang, signaling the end of the hour. "Damn, I was hoping to talk more, here let me get your number.." I hand him my phone, my rib cage feeling like a pinball machine, my heart the ball.

A second after he handed me my phone back I see a new contact; "Wilburfromlovejoy 🤡✌️". I laugh at that, sending a "Hii!", so he got my number. "D'you need any help finding your next class?" Wilbur asked, ducking a bit so his head doesn't hit the door frame on our way out.

"Yeah actually, where's room 420?" He cracked a grin, "oh you got Mr.Foolish, he's cool and if you bring him anything shark related he'll give you extra credit." Sharks? Isn't this class ceramics? I pulled my letterman jacket over my jumper, the wind outside is no joke.

Wilbur led me to a classroom with clay and tools absolutely filling tables and storage bins. "Good luck!" We said our goodbyes and now its just me.

Oh boy
.
.
.