"Of course. Your Majesty," I bowed before walking off quickly. I have to find out who it is.

I saw the Featheringtons arrive and people start whispering as I run over to Penelope. I tap her, before grabbing her hand and pulling her away to where Alex and Eleanor were on break. "Pen. How are you faring? Has it been terrible at the house?"

"How are you?" Eleanor asked as she and Alex ran to us, seeing her for the first time in days.

"We've not had a caller in three days. My mother swears we are ruined. But what of Colin? Is he in pieces from the news?" Penelope asked. I see Len smile sadly, Penelope's sisters and her are going through a hard time and all she can think of is how this may have hurt Colin.

"His pride is wounded, but he will be quite well," I assure her.

"The gentlemen always are in these matters, but—Pen, you have not heard what people are saying," Eleanor tells her, concerned.

Alex nods, "Lady Whistledown has gone too far this time."

"And I thought you three were her greatest admirers," Penelope said, shocked.

"Not when she has smeared the name of my greatest friend. When we uncover Whistledown's identity, we will convince her to publish a retraction and restore your family's reputation. All will be well again, I promise you," I tell her, determined to make this right.

"It doesn't matter if we have to blackmail or threaten her," Eleanor says, backing me up, hugging Pen from the side.

"We're here for you, Penelope," Alex grins at her. We all walk with her back to her family as I see the same butler who took me to the queen approach her.

"But I have an invitation," we hear her protest.

"Not anymore. I am sure you wish to avoid any further unpleasantness," he says. I watch sadly as Penelope rejoins her family as they are escorted out.

~

(Eleanor)

Unfortunately, after Penelope was escorted out with her family, Alex and I had to get back to our violins. Soon it was well after midday and people started to leave as it was getting quite hot. As soon as most people had left we were allowed to start packing up our instruments.

"I must say, that was some incredible string work," I hear from behind us. Both Alex and I turn around to see the queen.

"Your majesty," we bow to her.

"I hope to see you on the stage one day by yourselves, with no one to outshine or over shadow you," she nods to us as we bow again as she leaves. "Maybe at my nephew's wedding."

Dearest reader, a question.

Is anything more exhilarating than taking a gamble? For it is often the highest risk that carries the greatest reward.

Yet, wager wrongly, and you might find yourself left with nothing but regret. Of course, one can never know for sure whether a wager will make a fortune or ruin it, unless one chooses a more secure pursuit.

But as the season continues, the biggest gamblers have yet to truly show their hand⦠which leaves gossip in short supply in recent days.

In fact, this author can think of no other event that merits a mention. It is worthy of note, however, that the Duke and Duchess of Hastings have yet to entertain callers together. Our newlyweds are no doubt still secluded in nuptial bliss. Who could fault them? And who could be surprised if their diligent efforts are rewarded with a new arrival within the year?