"Madame Delacroix," Alex realizes. "She hears all the gossip in town while people are getting fitted. She wouldn't even need to go to the balls to hear about anything. People trust her."

"Yes, but when would she have the time?" I ask.

"That's what I was thinking, if a maid couldn't, how could she? But the thing is, she has friends, friends who surely know how to write so what if she tells them everything to write and they write it for her. At the very least she helps spread stuff to Lady Whistledown or knows who she is and is helping keep her identity a secret," Eloise explains, clapping her hands just as a door down stairs slams shut.

"Sorry about that, that must be Colin," I frown, thinking about the pain our brother was in.

"He loved her," Eloise nodded. "Don't know how much she loved him, but he loved her. He wanted to run away with her."

"It's terrible," Alex agreed. "Has the Queen asked about our hunting since?"

"No, she said to come to her when we had something solid, I know she's invested in this as we are though," Eloise reasoned.

"You are, Alex and I are just here for you," I laughed.

"Not true," Alex scoffed. "You love gossip and a good mystery and this gives me a chance to ignore the chores my parents are giving me to get me ready to inherit part of the family fortune in case my uncle or cousin should pass. Speaking of family last night I was given an invitation two in fact," Alex starts.

"To what?" Eloise asked.

"We shall be in practice everyday to prepare for Her Majesty's Luncheon and to the concert being held later this week, Eleanor and I are to perform as the lead violinists," he says. My mouth drops and I gasp a little. "Guess Lady Whistledown isn't all bad."

~

(Eloise)

"Oh, is this not lovely? All of us together again," mama said as we entered the garden where the luncheon was being held.

"Lovely, indeed. We should tempt scandal more often," Colin said bitterly.

"Not all of us are together," I muttered, looking for the orchestra.

"Make way! Must you all act like sheep flocking to the trough?" The Queen yelled, pushing her way to the couple. I groaned and moved to find Alex and my favorite sister. I followed the music to find Len and Alex seated next to each other with three ladies behind them as they played a simple song.

I clapped when it came to an end, "Go enjoy some refreshments El. You shouldn't sit around all day watching us or looking for her," Eleanor tells me.

"Oh all right," I rolled my eyes and headed off. I'm still certain that Madame Delacroix is the way to get to her, but I must keep my mind open, it could be anyone of these women.

"Her Majesty requires an audience," someone comes up to tell me. I remember him, he's one of the butlers of the queen.

"With- With me? Now?" I asked, following him.

"Ah, Here," the queen said, passing off her dog to someone else and then shooing them away. "Who is she?"

"Your Majesty?" I asked her, not understanding.

"Whistledown!" she snapped like it was obvious, making me oh. "I tasked you with unmasking the scandalmonger."

"Believe me, I am intent on locating her and am angry at myself for having not yet uncovered her identity. But I was thinking—"

"Clearly not fast enough. My patience has limits," she told me. "Maybe I need to talk to your sister and Mister Bonaparte. Perhaps if I correspond with them, I will get better results." I hummed and nodded, "Get me an answer. Your queen commands it."