Chapter 2: Comforting the Sakura-Eagle

Start from the beginning

Iwo: "I'd rather go down fighting." I return the hug stroking her head.

Jintsū: "That's what I thought you'd say." They were all puzzled by her answer. "I looked up your namesake and read the summary of that battle and used that summary for my question."

Atlanta: "Well that's good and all, but we should head back now before she gets really cold."

I nod to her head and after a while, Iwo raised her head revealing a unique pair of eyes, her left eye was Crimson Red and her right Ocean Blue. We walked back to the Eagle Union dorms just as she collapsed from the cold.

Chiyase: "Thanks for the assist."

Jintsū: "Don't worry about it, but the four of us want to stay with her until she's better." The three of them nod their heads.

Chiyase: "Alright I'll inform Soiro about this, you girls get her warmed up."

We left the area and headed to the baths to warm ourselves up before heading to her room which we decided would be just near the staircase.

Iwo Jima's Room

The Shiriyatsuyu's would sleep on top of her to make sure she can't get up while Atlanta and Shokaku take either side, with me awake to make sure even if she got out of that she'd have to get past me.

2nd January 2022

Morning approached as I got up Iwo Jima was still asleep, I headed downstairs to get 2 cups of hot chocolate, one for me and one more for Iwo Jima. When I returned, I found a chair to sit on and slowly drank my drink, as I listened to music to pass the time.

Just as the song ended Iwo woke up and greets me in her sleepy tone.

Iwo: "おはようございます。" (Good morning.) I was surprised when she spoke our language with no stuttering.

Jintsū: "おはようございます、私はあなたのためにホットチョコレートを作りました。" (Good morning, I made hot chocolate for you.)

Iwo: "ありがとうございます。でも、昨夜はお名前が聞き取れませんでしたが、どなたでしょうか?" (Thanks, but who are you didn't catch your name last night.)

Jintsū: "神通です。" (I'm Jintsū.)

Iwo: "では、この2つ?" (Then these two?) She was talking about the Shiriyatsuyu's on top of her.

Jintsū: "それは時雨と雄大だろう。俺たちが寝てる時に勝手に引退されると困るから、挟み撃ちにしたんだ。" (That would be Shigure and Yuudachi. We didn't want you to retire yourself when we were asleep, so we pinned you down.)

Iwo: "理にかなっている。" (Makes sense.) The rest soon woke up, and we headed to the office for their briefing.

Office
No POV

1st January 2022

In the office Admiral Chiyase is getting to report to her superior about who they managed to pull through, she thinks back to how she indirectly hurt Iwo Jima. She thought 'I'll have to apologize to her by the end of tomorrow, and as precaution, I'll look up every ship and class just to make sure I don't repeat this mistake again.' Her thoughts were interrupted by the Admiral on the other end of the line.

Chiyase: "Admiral Hartford."

Hartford: "Admiral Chiyase, I see you're doing well."

The man she was speaking to was Admiral Henry Hartford, Commander in chief of Eagle Union Pacific Fleet (EUPACFLT) or what was left of his forces, as the war has devastated his forces as well as his counterpart in the Atlantic.