drea clutched her friend's hand as she spoke, "i know it's never easy but trust me when i say they'll love you. you're literally my best friend and one of the best people in my life and if anyone can't see that they're blind as fuck. and plus, you really think i, andrea haines, would be friends with a complete loser?"

rena nudged the girl at the last comment but she would be lying if she said it didn't make her feel mounts better. drea was right, she need not worry otherwise it would just make things worse and quite frankly, she did not have the energy to be dealing with her anxiety in the moment. with all that put into perspective, she exhaled slowly and the smile on her face now appeared much more genuine.

feeling much more at ease, rena addressed the camera one final time for the time being, "what the fuck? i'm so nervous but so excited. for obvious reasons i'm not going to record now because i feel like this is just a personal moment but i'll maybe vlog some more later before we head out for the video and if not, see you then and bye for now."

"bye people!" drea yelled excitedly, earning laughter from the other girl.

after closing their car doors, with rena's camera in her hand. rena brushed out her hair, making sure it looked presentable to which drea instantly reassured her it looked more than great. truth be told, rena didn't exactly know why she was that nervous, after all she had been speaking to these boys for what felt like ages.

when it all came down to it, it was merely the thought of something going wrong or her messing up in a way that could not be fixed. she tried her utmost hardest to cast the thoughts aside and after a few more moments of mental preparation and drea telling her it would be okay, the pair moved closer to the door at a safe distance. drea was the one to gently knock on the surface and they comfortably awaited an answer as rena silently prayed to herself that everything went the way she had hoped.

after a few seconds that felt like hours, someone finally opened the door. from what rena could see, it was marylou, the boys' mum.

drea pulled the elder woman into a hug immediately and from the way their arms so gently wrapped around one another, rena could also sense the pure warmth the woman radiated.

proceeding the small greeting, it was rena's turn to speak and so she put her hand out for marylou to shake, not really sure as to what boundaries the woman held, "hi i'm rena, a friend of the boys, it's so nice to finally meet you."

it wasn't as surprising when marylou ignored the hand entirely and pulled rena in for a hug instead. so much for hugging nick first rena thought to herself, stifling the laugh that threatened to spill out of her as best as she could as she remembered how nick had so dramatically claimed he would be the first to hug her once they met.

marylou smiled at her, taking in the girl in front with a look so warm that rena melted into it immediately, "it's so nice to meet you too, the boys always talk about you, especially chris. just call me marylou dear."

rena laughed at the comment about chris, ignoring the odd feeling that appeared, and continued small talk with her and drea until they made their way to the living room. for some odd reason, none of the boys were in sight and she seemed a little confused. instantly, a million questions began running through her head such as 'are they not excited to see me?' she knew she shouldn't be thinking in such a manner but she couldn't help it, it was simply the way her mind worked, no matter how much she hated it. drea naturally seemed at ease and was not worried about the lack of presence of the four usual boys she would see at the house every time she went, seeing as river practically lived there.

marylou saw the slight discomfort on rena's face and sent her a reassuring smile, showcasing her understanding on how meeting people could be a worrying thing no matter what, "they'll be down in a bit, don't worry, i'm sure they're all just distracted or doing something stupid."