𝕭𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

Hello, before you begin reading there are just a few things I would like to clarify first.

• This story will involve a lot of religious trauma and similar aspects, and I just wanted to clarify that in no way, shape or form am I intending to bad mouth religion. Nor is it okay for anyone to do so. My book will mainly focus on the harmfulness of cults and how they use religion as a means to control people.

And although neither Mace nor Tom believe and tend to have a negative view of religion, they will not be the only POV's. Not only that, but there are a few situations that are based off my own personal experiences, so please do not invalidate my personal views. Most of it will based off research and inspired by current and past events.
That said, if there are any issues, I implore you to please message me so that changes can be made. 💜

• Book Of Demons and Misfortune is set in an AU (author's universe) !! Demons (mutant creatures from the existing Wizarding world with dead souls trapped in them) roam earth and there are some from all over the world, but mostly some that I have completely made up, which means that if any of the creature's I make up are used by anyone else, that is plagiarism.

If you are unsure if the creature is mine or pre-existing, you can always just ask.
Also, just a disclaimer, I started plotting this during my Demon Slayer and Shifting phases, so do with that info what you will 🚶‍♀️

Future author here to say that I messed up the timeline, so be prepared for potential lack of proper representation of the war effects on London in the first 2 chapters, trust me they will be fixed (and I'm a dummy)

• I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL WRITER, therefore there may be a few mistakes that I have missed when I edit, so please do not expect perfect writing. Also, I am bilingual, and some words in both languages I speak are similar and I tend to not see the mistakes I make when I type.

I am a beginner, and I truly have no idea what I'm doing, and just a warning that the beginning is cringy (I'm so sorry) and I do intend to edit later, but my writing does pick up around chapter 5 (in my personal opinion).

• I understand that there are a million Tom riddle fics, but please refrain from comparing my work to others. And especially (please) don't copy my magic system. If I see a fanfic with the whole blood magic Sanguis Monstri thing, that is plagiarism and hurts me a lot especially considering I spent a lot of time perfectly curating it. And I will also probably cry.
If you don't like my work, that is OK, but remember I write for free, and if you feel the need to be hateful and mean then make sure you have the money to pay for my therapy...if not, you can pack your things and leave. There's the door...
THERES THE DOOR BITCH!
And do so quietly.

(Please get the above reference, I'm not that mean)

• There will not be a ton of spice in the majority of the fic because a lot of my characters are very young - and each to their own but I do not feel comfortable writing underaged smut.

• MY CHAPTERS ARE LONG AF. This is mainly due to world building and building up the characters, but with each edit, the chapters get shorter. (Please give the story a chance). The fic is also very plot orientated in the beginning because my main character is quite frankly not interested in anyone or anything. Plus, I will be expanding the Wizarding world a lot in this because I'd rather be original than get bored using other people's ideas.

• Please don't forget to vote if you liked the chapters (the little star at the bottom, I didn't know what it was when I first joined wattpad lol), and also feel free to comment. I'm the worst at reminding people because I always feel so awkward 🧍‍♀️idk I get giddy when people merely read a single paragraph of my work tbh.

• I am going to repeat my trigger warnings once more just in case (and if you do not want to continue reading I completely understand, that's why I have the warnings in the first place)

For Mature audiences only. 16+
TW : Blood, including graphic depictions and torture, religious trauma, cults, manipulation, strong language, PTSD, mental illness and self-harm, sexual activities, death, severed limbs, knives, poison, blood magic and sacrificial rituals.

• I will try to keep to regular updating schedule, but I am still in school so sometimes chapters will be like one or two days late.

• I hope you enjoy, and happy reading. Thank you for choosing my work to occupy your time 💜

~ Arsenic / S

Some character aesthetics :

Mace

Tom

Tom

Sen