𝐗𝐈𝐕. mistaken butterflies

Start from the beginning

"you really need to calm down," toby told her sibling, tommy peering at lorelei with an amused smile as he kept walking further towards the exit.

"well, did you hear them?" aimsey asked, toby scoffing as he giggled. turning around, lorelei shot aimsey and lani a wink, the two dramatically clutching their hearts in result. tommy chuckled lightly as he shook his head.

"don't encourage then," toby whisper-yelled to lorelei, lani smacking his arm, toby feigning pain with a dramatized, "ouch".

stepping out of the karaoke bar onto the street, lorelei shivered at the cold air, a complete contrast from the warmth of the room they were all just occupying.

tommy immediately noticed this, subtly taking his hand and clasping hers. lorelei looked puzzled and up at tommy before he nodded, continuing to listen to ranboo ramble with a smile on his face. taking his other hand, he reached into his coat pocket before letting the two's hands drop for a moment.

getting the item out of his pocket, he then reached for lorelei's hand, grasping it again and looking over at lorelei. soon their hands became warm again as lorelei looked down. with tommy letting their hands loosen for a second, lorelei look into their hands, she saw a small heat pack. looking up at tommy, she grinned.

thank you mrs. simons for always looking out for your boy.

but the thing that puzzled lorelei the most was how affectionate tommy was being, especially around their friends. the two were friends, sharing secrets via imessage and in person, why was he suddenly affectionate?

"do you want to get out of here?" tommy asked lorelei in a whisper, her nodding silently.

"i'll go anywhere," lorelei murmured as tommy smiled slightly.

"welp, we're out of here," lorelei heard ranboo say with a sigh, pulling both lorelei's and the group of best friend's attention to ranboo and billzo as they hopped into the car they ordered. they all chuckled as lorelei scanned the group of friends who were all preparing to go their separate ways.

when tommy and lorelei excused themselves to walk the streets of brighton like they did during most of their hangouts, tommy groaned at the comment from lani once again.

"she's so pretty and talented," lani told her brother, the older sibling scoffing again.

"you know, i think i am pretty and talented, too," he complained to her with a whine.

"you are pretty and talented, tubbo! you're the love of my life!" tommy called out, making lorelei chuckle as the two walked down the road, hand-in-hand.

halfway down the block, tommy pulled away from lorelei slightly, shooting an obvious glance at lorelei. "are you really that pretty?" he asked, lorelei trying to hold back a smile and failing miserably. "i've never noticed," he played ignorantly, a stunning grin stretching across his face at his own joke.

"that's offensive," lorelei shot back through her amused grin. "we're best friends, how could you not notice how show-stopping i am?"

"have you thought that way about me?" tommy asked, lorelei giving him a wide-eyed look as she noticed his smile fall a bit. "how show-stopping i am?"

"of course, i have," lorelei smiled to him honestly, squeezing his hand "there's no missing all that innit." the boy fell into giggles as he looked down to his feet in embarrassment, lorelei watching him fondly.