Chapter 1-Salvation

Once again the lonely doctor found himself sitting on a wobbly bar stool dejectedly sipping bourbon out of an almost empty glass. Wallowing in his own failure as the world around him continued turning as if he never existed. He might as well not have, it's not like anyone would care. Hell his own parents didn't even show up to his birth.

Doofenshmirtz dragged a frail cold hand through his messy brown letting out a long deep sigh as he stared down at the now empty cup. He would've preferred something much stronger but after his last time visiting the bar he was put on a 'serve in moderation' list that they kept behind the counter.

He was practically a celebrity with the amount of times he found himself in this place, at least four or five visits a week at this point. But he wasn't a liked celebrity, more like one everyone loved to hate ro tolerated at best. Rarely needed and never wanted, he was a joke.

Thinking only made his head hurt more as the lack of alcohol in his system began to fully set in and he raised his hand to call the bartender. When he finally pulled his gaze away from the glencairn glass, he noticed someone sitting at the bar, just past where the bartender wiped some spilled drink off the black marble countertop.

He was a strapping man, broad shoulders, wide frame and looked just a bit older than Doof's. He was completely bald but made up for it with his impressive caramel brown mustache that had caught Doofenshmirtz attention in the first place. He was handsome to say the least. Doof considered going over there to try and strike up a conversation but then he reminded himself who he was and went back to staring at his drink, unaware that his staring didn't go unnoticed.

The bald man approached Doof drink in hand and took a seat next to him with a big toothy grin "Hey." he greeted affably. Doof looked up a bit shocked that someone had wanted to talk to him, he'd frequented this bar for years now and people barely even acknowledged him other than the occasional sickly glare. "Oh. H-hi" He stammered, barely able to meet the man's dazzling cobalt blue eyes

"I noticed you staring from across the bar." He mumbled as if he were hinting at something. "Sorry I didn't mean to stare, y-you just have a nice m-mustache." Doofenshmirtz placed a hand on the back of his neck nervously as a pastel blush rose on his face and not just because of the alcohol "Thank you. I'm Robotnik by the way. Dr.Robotnik." He confidently reaches out a hand for Doof to shake

"I'm Dr.Doofenshmirtz." Doof responds with a bit more confidence, finally bringing himself to look Robotnik in the eyes. "You're real cute to be sitting over here alone," Robotnik gently placed his large gloved hand on Doof's thigh, engulfing it in his loving grasp.

Doof froze, not in fear but pure surprise. Not only was someone talking to him, someone wanted him. It was a nice change of pace but was he really ready for this? It'd been so long since he'd loved. He would just ruin everything like he did with his last relationship and he wasn't ready to go through that again. Thoughts raced through his head like a car going in circles during a race, so much that it made him dizzy. But it could just be a fling, a one time thing that would never come up again. Doof had faced disappointment enough in his life and he might never get an opportunity like this again. Fuck it.

Doof laid his hand on top of Robotnik's rubbing circles over his burly knuckles and narrowed his eyes seductively " And you're awfully handsome to be out drinking alone,"He smirked "Let's change that,''. Doofenshmirtz was excited to see where this was going.