Chapter 4

Y/n's dress:

Rivers Dress: 

Rivers Dress: 

Ulla's Dress:

~Fade to beach~

~Fade to beach~

Eric and Max are walking near the castle. Eric: (Playing the flute.) "That voice. I can't get it out of my head. I looked everywhere, Max - where could she be?" River: "Hey Eric!" Y/n: "Hi." Ulla: "I've got the dresses and potions." River: "Great!" Eric: "What are you girls talking about?" River: "I'm taking Ulla on a date!" Y/n pulls herself behind a rock and takes the potion before getting dressed. River and Ulla swim behind a different rock before taking the potion and getting dressed. River: "So, are you still stuck on the girl?" Eric: "Yeah." On the other side of the rocks, Ariel is washed up. Sebastion and Flounder are exhausted. Ariel sees her legs and is amazed. Scuttle: "Well, look at what the catfish dragged in! Look at ya! Look at ya! There's something different. Don't tell me - I got it. It's your hairdo, right? You've been using the dinglehopper, right? No? No huh, well let me see. New . . . seashells? No new seashells. I gotta admit I can't put my foot on it right now, but if I just stand here long enough I know that I'll -" Sebastian: "SHE'S GOT LEGS, YOU IDIOT! She traded her voice to the sea witch and got legs. Jeez, man..." Scuttle: "I knew that." Flounder: "Ariel's been turned into a human. She's gotta make the prince fall in love with her, and he's gotta ki- he's gotta kiss her." Ariel tries to get up. Sebastion: "And she's only got three days. Just look at her. On legs. On human legs! My nerves are shot. This is a catastrophe! What would her father say? I'll tell you what her father'd say, he'd say he's gonna kill himself a crab, that's what her father'd say! I'm gonna march meself straight home right now and tell him just like I shoulda done de minute- (Ariel grabs him.) . . . and don't you shake your head at me, young lady. Maybe there's still time. If we could get that witch to give you back your voice, you could go home with all the normal fish, and just be . . . just be . . . just be miserable for the rest of your life. All right, all right. I'll try to help you find that prince. Boy. What a soft-shell I'm turning out to be." Scuttle: "Now, Ariel, I'm tellin' ya, if you wanna be a human the first thing you gotta do is dress like one. Now lemme see." Max smells Ariel and gets excited. Eric: "Max? Huh . . . what, Max!" Scuttle: (Whistles.) "Ya look, great kid. Ya look - sensational." They hear Max. He arrives and chases Ariel up on a rock. Eric: "Max . . . Max - Quiet Max! What's gotten into you fella? (Sees Ariel.) Oh . . . Oh, I see. Are you O.K., miss? I'm sorry if this knucklehead scared you. He's harmless, really - . . . you . . . seem very familiar...to me. Have we met? We have met? I knew it! You're the one - the one I've been looking for! What's your name?" Y/n, River, and Ulla rush up behind him. Y/n: "What's wrong?" Ariel mouths "Ariel" but no words come out. Eric: "What's wrong? What is it? You can't speak?" Ariel shakes her head. Eric: "Oh. Then you couldn't be who I thought. (Ariel and Max look frustrated." She tries pantomime. Eric: "What is it? You're hurt? No, No . . . You need help. (She falls into him.) Whoa, whoa, careful - careful - easy. Gee, you must have really been through something. Don't worry, I'll help you. Come on . . . Come on, you'll be okay. Do you girls know her?" River: "Sadly." Ulla: "Not really." Y/n: "She's my sister. The second youngest. 'Bout a year and a half older than me." River: "You staying with 'em, n/n?" y/n: "Eric?" Eric: "Sure." Ulla: "If you want n/n I can make you a potion to stay human. You can find yourself a man." Y/n: "Sure Ulla."

~Meanwhile~

Ariel is in the bath playing with bubbles. Carlotta: "Washed up from a shipwreck. Oh, the poor thing. We'll have you feeling better in no time. [Picks up Ariel's "dress"] I'll just - I'll just get this washed for you."

~With Sebastion~

Sebastion is in the dress getting washed. Woman 1: "Well you must have at least heard about this girl." Woman 2: "Well, Gretchen says . . . (Sebastion is dunked.) . . . since when has Gretchen got anything right. I mean really, this girl shows up in rags and doesn't speak-" Sebastion: "Madame, please!" Woman 2: "...not my idea of a princess. If Eric's looking for a girl, I know a couple of highly available ones right here..." Sebastion dives into the kitchen and sees various fish cooking. He faints.

~Meanwhile~

River and Ulla walk back into the castle giggling. Y/n: "Did you two have fun?" River: "I did." Ulla: "Second date?" Y/n: "Right. Anyway did you know Eric has siblings?" River: "No way!" ???: "Yes. You three must be the lovely ladies Eric has been going on about." ???: "Yes." Y/n: "Y/n. That's River and Ulla. They're dating." ???: "And you?" Y/n: "Single as can be." ???: "Elias." ???: "Eleanor." Y/n: "Did your parents have an obsession with names that start with E?" Elias:" No. It 'just fit' as they put it." Y/n: "Ahhhhh."