orange t-shirts

"go fish" em laughs, mac groans picking up a card

"do you have a red king" i ask mac, she groans again handing a card over 

"i am never playing cards with you guys again" 

"you love us" em grins as we continue to play. 

the boys were on the grass in front of us wrestling and jousting with sticks they found on the ground. nico beats mars in their sword fight again, and i must admit that kid has skills. he walks over and sits down next to us pulling out his phone. 

i notice him texting someone, his usually pale skin tinting pink. "who ya texting" i nudge his shoulder, he seems startled and throws his phone. peter catches it easily without even having to look. odd my peter does that to. 

"no one" he says standing up to get it back

"you like someone" em teases catching on. 

"i do no-" 

"hey nico will texted you back saying to meet him behind apollo cabin, whatever that means" peter says reading from the screen. this causes the boy to blush. and snatch his phone back 

"OH MY GOD NICOS GOT A BOYFRIEND" mac yells putting the pieces together. nico doesnt say anything so now mac and em go to pestering him about him like older sisters. 

after a couple more classes i was in the last class of the day. russian. a couple boys were gawking at nat, it felt weird. anyway i was sat in class when i herd a kid whispering to themselves. he had short brown curly hair and was wearing an orange teeshirt. it may just be fluff or something but it seemed like this kid had 2 horns sitting in his curls. the fuck. is this kid a furry or something. 

"okay students partner up and quiz eachother on the new word list" nat says pointing at the board, thank fuck nat was teaching me Russian or i would be soo behind. 

the kid i was talking about comes over to my desk "hey y/n did you want to be partners im grover" he introduces, who tf names their kid grover

"how do you know my name grover" i question suspicious of this boy 

"oh uh, word spreads fast around school" he covers up. this guy has secrets. 

"fine whatever" i shrug

around 10 minutes later and he asks me an odd question.

the bell goes and everyone leaves the school quite quickly. everyones accents were definitely a change to the typical new yorker accent that i kept hearing. it was a nice change. i wait around for everyone to leave before walking to the teachers carpark and getting in the car. nat and wanda were already waiting. 

i got in the backdropping my bag behind me leaning back into my seat "what took so long" nat asked 

"dont you think it would be strange if teachers and students saw me walking to the same car in the teachers car park with you two" i ask yawning 

"she has a point" wanda says. we all talk about our day and then lean more into the topic of the misson 

"hows mars" wanda asks 

"whos mars" nat questions putting her foot down from sitting up on the chair to on the floor. 

"some kid we thought was suspicious. but after spending the day with him he seems normal, for the most part" 

"for the most part?" 

"well no ones normal" i sigh before thinking "tash, you know that one kid in russian, grover, yeah he seems odd"

"YES is it just me or did he have horns" 

"THATS WHAT I THOUGHT"