Prologue

If she have to pick which seasons that she liked the most, then the summer in Tevyat is perhaps the most enjoyable season for Lumine.

Not only because she likes the feeling of working up a sweat as she fights and run across the landscape of Tevyat under the burning gaze of the sun. But it was also the time she usually spends the month with most of her friends in some crazy bizarre adventure.

Last time, Lumine was summoned into the paradise known as the Golden Apple Archipelago. What she first thought is going to be a grand quest to help her little friend, Klee, to some unknown previously unexplored islands that was never charted on the map turns out to be a well planned vacation that Klee's mother has given to all of them, and although Lumine admitted that she was a bit disappointed on the fact that they all have been tricked this whole time, she couldn't say that the excitement and anticipation that has been built up throughout the time they spent on cracking the case down was bad. In fact, she really enjoys it.

It has been a while since she was able to relax and enjoy some quality time together with her friends like this, all the stress and sadness she have accumulated throughout her adventure of trying to find her missing brother have been gone in an instant, and Lumine was glad that she was able to put her focus on something else other than her mission for once.

She hoped that someday, when she get her brother back to her side, she was able to bring Aether here with her, so that the two siblings could enjoy a moment of peace together... Without anything to worry in mind... No Abyss, no Archons, and no Fatui.

Although, she is completely aware that such dreams are impossible to be realized anytime soon. There are still four nations left that she needs to go after all.

Anyway, the trip to the Archipelago last year was pretty enjoyable, mostly because it was her first time visiting it, and also because everyone she knew well from Mondstadt was there, from little Klee, Grandmaster Jean, Albedo, and even Diluc. The adrenaline of having to explore a completely new places, the absolute fun of having to drive the Waverider across the ocean in spite of everyone's loud yelling and screams of horror as she pulls out some sick maneuvers and sharp turns. And also the sense of mysteries as she and her friends finds some ancient engravings and interesting stories retelled by a collection of mysterious conches able to record the voices of the people from the past. Words simply cannot express the wonderfulness of that summer, arguably the best ever vacation the blonde haired girl ever have in her hundreds of years of existence.

And although she couldn't have that same feeling this time, the feeling of having to revisit this paradise of a place after a year with some new friends she had made wasn't so bad either.

Together with four of her friends, each came from a different nations save for Mona and Fischl, Lumine is once again having another great time in her life. Visiting the Archipelago that she had missed after some time of not seeing it, cracking yet another mysterious case revolving around the appearance of strange structures that are connected to each of the groups's inner thoughts, and also to explore a set of bizarre mirages while learning more of her friends' pasts and their respective inner struggle in their lives which made her coming to a better understanding of them and also deepening their bonds.

They are having such a wonderful fun times and honestly, Lumine is looking forward for more of what these Islands have in store for them later in the future.

But this however... Is not something that Lumine is looking forward to...

"You know..." Paimon started, gulping down the cooked fish meat inside her mouth down her throat, as puts down the tiny utensils in her hand, and giving everyone around the table a glance. "Throughout our time in this place, we have seen and explored Kazuha's, Xinyan's, Fischl's, and Mona's mirage. And we also have solved the mystery behind the appearance of these mirages which were caused the Fatui's broken machine that we have successfully fixed."