I was too. It wasn't everyday a billionaire stopped  by your dig site for a visit. "Now I'll get right to the point." John said, washing a glass out with water. He turned to face us. I was standing slightly closer to Ellie and Alan now. "I like you. The three of you. I can tell instantly about people. It's a gift." John informed us, while drying the glass out.

I was surprised John Hammond included me in his compliment. I wasn't nearly as famous as my brother and I sure didn't even have the Dr. title yet. "I own an island off the coast of Costa Rica. I've leased it from the government and during the last five years, a kind of biological preserve." He told us.

"Really, spectacular. Spared no expense." He added. Makes the one I've got down in Kenya look like a petting zoo." John said with a laugh. I wondered why he was telling us all this. "And there's no doubt our attractions will drive kids out of their minds." John said, drying a second and third glass.

"And what are those?" Alan asked him. Ellie grinned. "Small versions of adults, honey." She told him. I knew that Ellie liked kids, but Alan seemed to have an aversion to them. It was strange considering I'd been a child while he was a teenager. I figured he must have loved me only because I was his relative.

"And not just kids. Everyone. We're going to open next year, if the lawyers don't kill me first." John told us and I wondered why he was being nagged by lawyers. "I don't care for lawyers, do you?" John asked, pouring the champagne into the glasses. "I don't really know any." Ellie said and Alan and I echoed her response.

Truthfully, I didn't really know any lawyers. We didn't really run into them on archaeological digs. "I do, I'm afraid. There's a particular pebble in my shoe, who represents my investors. Says that they insist on outside opinions." John told us and the impromptu visit started to make sense.

He must want my brother's and Ellie's opinions, I thought to myself. "What kind of opinions?" Ellie asked him. "Well your kind, not to put too fine a point on it. Let's face it. In your particular fields, you're the top minds." John told them and Ellie and Alan seemed pleased by the compliment. I expected it, after all, it was true.

"And If I could just persuade you to sign off on the park, give it your endorsement, maybe even pen a wee testimonial, I could get right back on schedule." John told them, and he handed us all a glass of champagne. I took mine gratefully. I wondered why he needed their opinions for a preserve. Ellie and Alan specialized in prehistoric dinosaurs.

"Why would they care what we think?" Ellie said, voicing my thoughts.

"What kind of park is this?" Alan asked as well. John eyed them and I guess he decided to keep a secret. "It's right up your alley." He remarked. I wondered what he meant by that. "Why don't you come down, just the three of you, for the weekend?" John asked and I was shocked he included me in this.

"I'd love to have an opinion of a paleobotanist as well. And an archaeologist." John said, smiling at Ellie and I. I didn't try to hide my surprise. "I've got a jet standing at Choteau." John said, picking up his own glass.

Alan stood up then. "I'm sorry. This isn't possible. We just dug up a new skeleton.." Alan trailed off. "Well, I could compensate you by fully funding your dig.." John said and Alan looked tempted but stood his ground. "The timing is just-" Ellie started to say.

"For a further three years." John said and I glanced to Alan in shock. I knew he couldn't resist the offer. Ellie and Alan grinned. "Where's the plane?" Ellie asked. "Okay. Three years." Alan said, with a smile. We all drank our champagne and Ellie and Alan hugged excitedly.

After that, John left the trailer to allow us to change our clothes. I couldn't believe we were going on this trip. It seemed too good to be true. "This is insane. Three years! Think of all we could uncover!" I told Ellie excitedly as I pulled my brown hair into a high ponytail. Ellie smiled at me.  "We can do anything now!" She said excitingly as well.