Chapter 37: Unfinished Novel

Start from the beginning

I got up. Rex reached for me but before he could hold my hand, I cut his cheeks by the knife as I ran from the room.

"YOU BITCH!", I heard Rex's agonizing scream.

I'm running through unknown hallways searching for Kavinsky in every room, every corner. The passageways are lit with white tube lights. I'm running so fast that maybe cheetah will be ashamed of himself if he see my speed.

One man with a gun came in front of me, saying something I certainly don't know. Before he could shoot me, I dig the knife into his stomach as he bled hard. My clothes are all filled with blood and i can feel the tanginess. I kept the gun which the man had, beside my waist, locked with my shorts incase if I need to kill someone.

I searched every rooms and now this is end of this hallway and there's this last two rooms. I looked at the left door. I felt something. The familiarity, the feeling of knowing something in a blank space. I tried to open the door but it's locked. But fuck that anyway. I'm built like a rock.

I kicked the door hard as it opened quickly, making me fall on the ground. The door broke easily cause this place is old maybe. I lifted my chin, only to see Kavinsky laying there infront me with his hands and legs tied, all shirtless and his body full of thousand cuts and blood.

I ran to him. "Kavinsky, Kavinsky, are you- are you okay?", I touched his face. My tears are flowing down from my eyes. "Please reply!"

He slowly opened his eyes. His lips parted as he spoke, "Andrea, are you okay?".

This man's crazy. He's literally dying and he's caring about me, asking me if I'm okay or not. Really weird. "I'm fine!".

I quickly go and started to cut the ropes. But when i was in the midway of cutting the ropes which were tied with his legs, Rex entered, bleeding.

"Really wrong. So wrong. You haven't done that right, Andrea!"

Kavinsky got up and sat and I was done cutting the ropes already. I saw from the corner of my eyes that he already noticed the gun on my waist.

"Now watch your lover die, Andrea!".

And then everything was a movie. All happened in a brief of moment. I noticed that Rex pulled out a gun from his pocket and pointed at Kavinsky. Kavinsky took the gun from my waist and stood up, all shirtless and shaking, pointing at Rex. Then, Rex pulled out the trigger and shoot at him. But then I stood up and I hugged Kavinsky, preventing the bullet to hit him. So, it hit me instead.

I fall against Kavinsky's shoulder and everything was blur. I just only remember some gunshots after and my tears flowing down from the cheeks. Maybe, I died.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

My eyes opened. My eyes again roamed around the room. What's happening? I'm feeling the familiarity again. This bed, this blanket, this room, the daylight coming from the window, the warmth and the hand.

Kavinsky's hand. His grip. He's with me. I'm alive. He's alive. This is normal life. But how we came out from that terrorizing situation? It's morning.

I stroked his thumb. He's sleeping on our intertwined hand. "Kavinsky", I softly call his name.

He opened his eyes and he stood up quickly after seeing me. "Andrea, are you okay, my love?", He said and showered kisses on my cheeks. "Wait, I'm calling Lia".