This is so cruel

Some days had gone by since the arcade hang out and what occurred afterwards. Yuna had been missing from school ever since. Lia, on the other hand, appeared as if nothing had happened when asked about it by Chaeryeong and Elliott. She said that she never found Yuna and that she just went home and later she called to her house and Yunas mom had told her she was there.
Elliott pressured her about her feelings for him. But what was once so clear was now confusing and blurry. After Yunas confession Lia couldn't think of anything but that. She kept repeating the speech on her head over and over again, picturing Yunas crying face as she did so.
She knew that was the reason Yuna was missing from school and wondered if she'd ever be back, if she'd change schools... to everyone else Yuna was missing because she was sick, but Lia knew the truth.
She thought many times of going to visit her, but if she did she didn't know what she would say to her. She didn't know how to talk to her anymore, she didn't even know hoe she felt about the whole situation.
On one hand Yuna had always been very special to her, she was her best friend always together, inseparable... but did she love her? Did she feel as strongly for Yuna as Yuna felt for her? That she couldn't answer, and she thought there was no point in going to visit her if she didn't have an answer, she owed it to Yuna.

The days kept on going by till the weekend came. Lia was at home, still consumed by her thoughts when her mom told her there was someone at the door who wanted to see her. Lia felt her heart stop, she prepared herself thinking there was a small chance it could be Yuna 'Maybe she wants an answer now' She thought. She went downstairs and opened the door to find Elliott. Her heart began to beat normally again and a sigh left her lips.

"Everything okay?" Elliot asked.
"Uh yeah, sure, what's up?"
"Alright then you wanna go grab a coffee or lunch or something?"
"What? Like right now?"
"Yeah, it doesn't have to be like a date or anything. Let's just hang out"
"Oh uhm I don't know, I have a lot on my mind right now"
"Come on! Maybe it'll help you chill out, you know? Relax a little"
"I uh..." Lia thought for a moment, all she had been doing that day was worrying and drowning on her thoughts. 'It could be nice, it could be helpful' she thought.
"Sure, why not? Let me go grab my jacket"
With that Lia ran off to get her jacket and the two went on a small quick outing to a cafe near her house. They talked for a long time, passing the time making jokes and stuff; it really helped Lia get her mind off of things for a few hours.

Meanwhile Chaeryeong was on a walk. She had been worrying about Yuna and could only get her to reply to texts from time to time, and the replies were always vague and cold. She tried going to visit but Yunas mom would always say she wasn't feeling well and couldn't see anyone. But the days went by and Chaeryeong thought there must be something else going on, she thought Lia was acting strange as well, but didn't ask her much since they weren't really that close.
As she was going on about her walk she stopped at a cafe to grab a drink to go, as she waited for it she spotted Lia with Elliott and saw them laughing and seeming to a have a good time together when it all clicked. 'Yuna must have told Lia how she felt, and she rejected her because she likes Elliott' She got her drink and sprinted home to text Yuna.

Chaeryeong: Yuna... I know something's up between you and Lia. I don't know if I should tell you this but I saw her and Elliott just now at a cafe, I think they were on a date together. I'm sorry Yuna, I thought maybe you should know. I'm here if you need anything.

Yuna received and read the message almost immediately after it was sent to her. She threw her phone against the wall and buried her face on her pillow. No matter how many days went by the pain didn't lessen, it only got worst. To want something so badly, and have it so close to you all the time for it to be taken away so easily and quickly. What hurt even more was the thought of Lia being happy and having a good time only a few days after completely shattering her heart. 'This is so cruel' she thought.
She didn't reply to Chaeryeong which made her think she had made a mistake by telling Yuna. She attempted a visit once more but was once again turned away. She was upset, she knew Yuna must be hurting and that it must be because of Lia, the anger consumed her and once she got home she couldn't help but do something about it.

Later that day, after the outing with Elliott, Lia went home, where she was confronted by her thoughts once more by a ring of her phone telling her she had a new message.

Chaeryeong: I don't know what happened between you and Yuna but how can you be happily with him while you know she's hurting? I know you hurt her, and you seem so unbothered by it... what kind of friend are you?