Chapter 5

In the Kingdom of Blumund, inside the office of the guildmaster of the Free Guild branch set up within the kingdom's Capital, sat four individuals.

The Trio: Kaval, Eren and Gido, then the Guildmaster of the Free Guild branch, known as Fuze. Fuze had a complicated look, his hands shook as he tried to take a sip from the cup of tea in his hand.

They have just informed him of the monster village inside the Jura Forest. That may not have been a great issue had the village been normal, but it wasn't. For one thing, the inhabitants of that village were weird, so to speak, goblins and direwolves living together? That was unheard of. What's more was they were all evolved, a testament that they were named. Another thing to consider was the leader of the village, their master.

"The 'Nightmare'..." Fuze repeated, his voice clearly shaking.

Eren tilted her head, "Is it really that terrifying a name?"

He could only facepalm internally, 'These idiots!'

"The nickname 'Nightmare'... was the one given to the S-class adventurer decades ago, not many people knows her now, but her history is written within the records of the Free Guild."

The jaw's of the trio dropped down, "S-class?! That's almost impossible these days..."

"But, how is it related to the title?" Asked Eren.

"She was also an S-class monster. No one knew what she looked like, her face was always obscured by a dark mist. Whenever she released her aura, anyone below the Rank of A- always fainted. That's not even the worst of it..."[Fuze]

Fuze took another sip from his tea to calm his breathing, the Trio waited in bathed breath.

"It was... Also recorded that she had destroyed a Vassal country for the Eastern Empire, down to the last inch, nothing was left unscathed. At least that's what was recorded according to witnesses that visited the land the country once stood in."[Fuze]

"And the Eastern Empire didn't react to it?"[Kaval]

"That, I do not know. Some said they did, some said they didn't. If what this... Rimuru Tempest says is true, and she really is what she says she is, you three are extremely lucky to be alive. You also saw her face?"[Fuze]

"Yeah! She was actually damn beautiful, best one I've seen!" Exclaimed Kaval, reminiscing the time Rimuru walked in on them.

"And she was kind enough to give us food and a place to sleep for the night." Added Eren.

"Hmm... What did she look like?"[Fuze]

"Silver-blue hair, golden eyes. she wore a black dress with long sleeves, complete with elbow length gloves. She looked to be in her early 20s." Gido described as best as he could.

Fuze had his doubts, these all heavily contrasted to the records of how the S-class monstrosity acted and dressed before, but proving it would be for another day, the priority was absolute secrecy, if not only to be talked about to the king himself.

"Listen you three... Not a word of this will go out, understand? What you've said, will stay right here in this room. If word spreads, there's no telling what doom it will bring us. So please, I beg of you right now, keep your mouths shut."

The three could only nod, at least now they're given time to rest. And really, they wouldn't want to anger Rimuru, that's what they all agree on.

~~~

A pleasant day, if I do say so myself. The weather was perfect and I was in a great mood. It has been several days since the Trio left, and Shizue was slowly but surely getting used to the village and its inhabitants.