Chapter 48

A week later, after Sana has been discharged..

Abhay calls Sidharth..

"Kya haal hai Sid?"

"Hmm good, just pulling on yaar..tu bata?".. Sidharth replies..

"Theek hai na tu?".. asks Abhay..

"Trying..".. he sounds too low..

"Sana kaisi hai?"

"Theek hi hogi..!"

"Sid I hope you realize what you are saying!"

"Abhay, we hardly interact and I am done yaar! Done with all expectations!"..he replies being all frustrated..

"Yaar she is still in a state of shock! You are a sensible guy! Please yeh maat kar! Ja jake sab kuch sort out kar jaldi!"..Abhay insists..

"Kya sort out karun? Jab samne se retaliations and blames are flowing, how can you keep your calm?! Waise dekha jaye tou main bhi usko blame kar sakta hoon! Lekin nehi kiya na? Toh phir woh mujhe kaise continuously blame kar sakti hai?! It fucking hurts yaar!"

"Sid you are a matured guy and let's not forget that she is still very young!! She is just not going through a physical pain but a severe mental truama as well! So I insist.. ekbar baat karle..koshish tou kar!"

"Abhay she doesn't give any space..! I can feel her pain because I am going through the same and trust me, seeing her like this even breaks me more! But right now she is hardly approachable and I seriously can't do anything about it! Hyper ho jati hai yaar and I am not in a state either to take this now!"

"Ok kaha hai tu abhi?"

"Ghar..study mein hoon.."

"Hmm.. chal tu kam kar, milte hai soon.."

"Hmm..byee..".. Sidharth hangs up..

*****************

Mom walks in to the study..

"Sidharth..?"

"Haan Mom?"

"Sana dinner karnese mana kar rahi hai. Aise tou aur bhi weak ho jayegi beta!"

"Main dekhta hoon.. dont worry..".. he shuts his laptop and comes out of the study with his Mom to head towards his room..

On reaching their room, he finds her fidgeting her fingers while leaning against the head rest..

He walks upto her and sits next to where she is sitting..

"Khana nehi khaya tumne?".. he asks..

"Nehi.."

"What are even trying to do Sana?".. he asks disappointingly..

"Aap please jaiye yahan se..mujhe koi baat nehi karni aap se!"

"Kyun jaun main yahan se?! You are my wife, we share this room, I have every right to take care of you! Phir main kyun jaun?!".. he tones up a little..

"Theek hai tou phir main chali jati hoon!".. she tries getting up abruptly but immediately feels a pull down there, so halts back!

"Fuckk!! Kya hai yaar?! Kyun torture kar rahi hai khudko?!".. he screams, almost infuriating!

"Because you have finished everything Sidharth!".. she screams back at him..!

"Okay!! Let's do this!".. Sidharth's blood starts boiling on her words..!

He continues.."According to you, maine marne diya na mere bachhe ko?! Kyun diya?! Chal bata?!"

She closes her eyes to control herself but tears starts pouring within..!

"Ab chup kyun ho gayi?! Bata na?!".. he is fuming!

She takes a pause and opens her eyes to look at him, letting her tears flow in a stream..

"Marne dete mujhe! Usko bacha lete na! Ma Baap tou bachhon k leye kuch bhi karte hai na Sidharth?!".. she replies weakly!

His bulging nerves seem to calm down on her response and he feels an instant throb seeing her this devastated again!"

"Kyun gayi thi bahar baby?! Kyun?! Ek phone karleti mujhe! Dour k chala ata tere paas!"... He cups her face and rests his forehead on hers, carrying hismelf almost on the verge of breaking down..!

"Mujhe mera bachha chahiye Sidharth! Abhi chahiye, abhi..!".. she starts crying inevitably, clutching on his collar..!

"Aap hamesha mere har wish ko pura karte ho na?! Mera bachha la do! Please please please!"... She folds her hands before him..

He feels so defeated seeing her!!

"Babyyy!!".. he takes her into his arms and wraps her tightly within his embrace..

"No! Please No..!! I want my baby, abhi Sidharth!!".. she starts howling in his arms..!

"Ssshhh!! Relax! Relax baba!".. he rubs her back gently to diffuse her anxiety..

They are sitting close, embracing each other, first time ever after the miscarriage..

She pulls herself back and looks at him more like a helpless person who got defeated in life!

"I love you!".. he speaks wiping off her tears as she stares at him like a lost person!

"Suna tune? I love you!".. he cups her face and claims his love for her again..

She keeps gazing at his face weakly, not having any more strength left to fight her emotions!

"Dekh kitni weak ho gayi hai baba! Let me feed you a little bit? Please? Mere leye?!".. he asks lovingly..

She goes back to lean against the headrest, throwing her head behind to calm down..

"Kya socha tha aur kya ho gaya Sidharth!".. she leaves a painful exhale..

"Sab theek ho jayega..main sab theek kardunga! I promise!".. his eyes well up again..

She smiles feebly..

He holds her hand and takes it into a tight grip.."I promise we will bring him again! Trust me!"

"Pakka na?! Ladoge na wapas Sidharth?!"

"Haan baba!"..

And they both break down like never before! Their tears have no bounds..!

"Can I get a hug please?! I am breaking baby! Please hold me! ".. his puffed face, reddened eyes and flowing tears crunch her heart and she pulls on his shirt to make him crush himself on her! He reclines against her chest and she holds him into her embrace to let him break in her arms!

"I am sorry! I should have been with you!! I am so sorry jaan!".. he touches her lips with his, pouring the grief without holding himself anymore..

She caresses his hair and kisses on his forehead while he cries in her arms to diffuse himself in her! They finally give in to one another because they are truly the only ones who can fix each other in trying times! ♥️🥺

❤️❤️