i can't even remember when did he started to be this well known by many. one thing for sure is that, the spotlight always favour someone as good-looking as him.

no ill intentions implied with my words, just pure admiration towards my best buddy.

hey minhee, wanna grab lunch?asked one of the soccer player,

no thanks! maybe some other time he politely rejected.

as you can see, you can hear his name almost everywhere in our campus. i am not complaining, i am just wondering if they aren't bored with him yet.

movie marathon?he asked, draping his right hand on my shoulder as we walked down the busy hallway filled with students of different levels.

we did that yesterday i replied, adjusting my glasses for a better vision to my surroundings.

we can watch your favourite series, i am free. you can have me for today he added, is he trying to convince me or what?

what's with you? is there something wrong? i asked, making sure that he's fine as he sounded different than he was, usually.

nothing❞ he shrugged, ❝i just thought that you might feel neglected since i've been spending less time with you❞

well, he kinda did. but it's not something worth to bring up and i understand since he's also a student athlete.

no worries, we're just a few walk away from each other's houses. so no big deal, mkay?❞ i assured, he smiles– those smile that perfectly suits his handsome face.

'damn my bestfriend's handsome look'

❝ ... ❞

❝do you have any practice today?❞ i asked, now munching the chips in my hand.

we're now at home, having a movie marathon. the genre? romance. who pick the movie? me.

yeah, i am a hopeless romantic college student who firmly believe in the  fairytale-like concept of love.

i may not have the most outstanding taste  in movie but at least, i enjoyed it the way i wanted it to be.

❝i think we've watched it for a couple of times, haven't we?❞ minhee asked, taking a handful of chips.

❝but i want to watch it again, you can leav–❞

❝hey calm down, i was just trying to recall if we indeed have. i am not complaining❞ he explained, flashing me his comforting smile.

something must've happen to him, he's not bickering with me this time

❝what's wrong? you know that i can listen, whatever it is. i'm all ears.❞

❝nothing, it's just that...❞ he sighs as i remained silent, waiting for him to continue.

❝my mom's getting married again❞ he continued, he doesn't sound happy and i wonder why.

❝why do you look so gloomy?❞ i carefully asked, not wanting him to misinterpret my words.

❝it hasn't been long since my parents divorced and now, she's remarrying. i am not complaining, i am actually happy for her but...❞ he then made his way to the sofa, snuggling close to me.

we're always like this, it's always been like this ever since.

❝i can't help but wonder if she ever love dad or  she just love the idea of dad being able to provide us everything we needed.❞

oh yes- rich people and their things. can't relate.

i smiled softly. i may not experienced it, but i understand his concern.

❝come more closely, i'll hug you❞ i offered, i have nothing to say. i can just offer my presence and comfort him.

he smiled.

we stayed in our position for a bit longer until he decided to break the hug.

❝i have a practice at 4pm.❞ he said as he stood up from his seat.

❝you're leaving now?❞ i asked. he chuckled.

❝i'll bring you with me, what are you saying?❞ he replied. as i was about to protest, he suddenly grabbed me by wrist. softly.

❝atleast, allow me to change my clothes ❞ i complained,

❝there's nothing wrong with your clothes though?❞ he replied, staring at me from head to toe.

❝are you for real?❞ i asked in disbelief,  ❝i am wearing a pajama, yeah. there's nothing wrong and i look far from being presentable.❞

he laughed.

❝okay okay, i apologize❞ he said, releasing my hand.  ❝go change your clothes, i'll wait.❞

— t b c —