Chapter 26 - Disclosure!!

Start from the beginning

"Shall we continue with what we're about to do?", She asked. I gulped nervously.

No, my heart replied.

"Naina", I said as I hugged her back. I need to find a logical answer to escape this situation. My heart was all ready to jump out of my chest.

"I was thinking that we should wait for one more night. We should sleep at a distance tonight. I want to make our first night after marriage special. We're getting married tomorrow. I promise, after that, I'll not shy away", I kept my point. I simply stroked her hair as I spoke. I felt bad for lying to her. I knew she wanted this. It's not her fault.

"Thank you Kabir for giving me this assurance. Thank you for speaking your heart out. I'll wait till tomorrow", she said. I could feel happiness in her words. We're still hugging each other. After breaking the hug, she gave me a suspicious look.

"I never knew I could make your heart beat race up", she said giving me a sly smile.

You wish, my heart whispered silently.

"Yeah you're special", I lied. I guess my beautiful lies will make my marriage work. She gave me a satisfactory smile.

"We should sleep now", I said and she nodded. I picked up my pillow and lay down on the couch. She settled herself on the couch.

"Good night, Mr. Malhotra", she said.

"Good night, Naina ", I said.

"It's Mrs. Kabir Malhotra. Get used to my new name", she said and all I could do in return is to reply to her with a half-hearted smile.

Sure.

****************************

Time passed by very slowly. I was tossing and turning on my couch. Naina was asleep by now. I checked my mobile nth time. I left my room ten minutes before midnight. I cannot wait any longer. This anxiety is killing me.

I left the room making sure not to make any noise. Closing it behind, I prayed that Naina doesn't wake up in the middle of the night. Taking fast and long strides, I walked to the lift. I clenched my fist and waited for the lift to stop at the topmost floor. As soon as the lift doors opened, I left a deep sigh.

Busy in my thoughts, I reached the terrace. I found no one present there. I glanced at my mobile screen. A few minutes were left before midnight. I sat down on the bench and looked up at the dark sky. I had a special connection with the moon and the stars. Especially the stars.

"Hi", I heard a familiar voice next to me. I turned my head and was surprised to see Aashi standing right in front of me.

I immediately got up from my seat. I looked away. I cannot face her. I shared a bed with her. She was in my arms a few hours back. How will I explain myself?

"Hi. How are you?", I asked looking at her for a few seconds before parting my gaze off her face.

"I'm fine. Thanks for bringing me safely back to my room", she said.

"How do you know? ", I asked.

"Dhruv told me", she said and I nodded.