Weddings<3 (y/c)

You had loved them for a long time. When you first noticed them differently, it was 5000 BC. The way that they had tried to protect the children from the deviants, rushing them to safety before coming back to help fight made you see how much they cared about protecting the future of humanity. It was on that day, the first attack of the deviants on humankind that you knew they were special. When you lived in Babylon, you loved to walk through the hanging gardens, looking out over the palace and the city, discussing all the things that you had accomplished. In Athens, you sat together enjoying the theatre of the Ancient Greeks, and read their poetry of love. You pretended to laugh at their stories about the two of you, but you would fawn over them in secret, wishing them to be real. Then one day, in 79 AD, a tragedy took place. Looking back on it seems funny, how easily you could have missed out an entire life one hundred fold or more with them. You supposed that sometimes even the most tragic events produce at least some small good thing. You and the other Eternals had warned the people of Pompeii for days to flee the city. Some of them listened. Most did not.  The two of you ended up standing in a pile of broken buildings and ash. They had refused to leave with the others, wanting to stay to plead with the people until the very end, you wanted to stay with them. You wouldn't let them die. If it came down to it, you would fly them away from the rubble against their will if you had to.

"It's hauntingly beautiful, isn't it?" you said to them without taking your eyes off of the sun on the piles of rubble and ash being thrown up from the volcano that had consumed more than half the city already. They were silent, a tear rolling down from their right eye. You linked your arm around theirs. "I'm so sorry". You said looking out at the grey clouds rolling over the hills bringing darkness from above."I know how much you loved this city." You added. "I couldn't do it." They said, squinting as the ash picked up speed. "No, listen to me you did everything you could-" "No I didn't!" they raised their voice, letting go of your arm and stepping away from you. You stood there, unsure of what they were going to say. "We could have dragged them out, Druig could have changed their minds, you could have flown them out if we had to!" Your eyes dropped. "Ajak said that-" "I don't care what Ajak said! I shouldn't have let these people die." They interrupted. You took a step closer to them. "I know it's hard, I didn't want to let this happen either." You told them, taking your hand in theirs. "But it's not your fault." You assured them. They shook their head. "I'm the one that's supposed to be able to convince them of anything. I tried everything I could think of." They said. "But I failed." You kept silent, allowing them to let everything out. "And because I failed, I need to die with them." They said. Your head jerked to face them. "What!?" You gasped. "If Ajak can't see that leaving these people to die is wrong, then maybe she'll see that letting their protector die too is." You shook your head profusely. "No no, you can't be serious right now, please tell me you're not serious." You started to feel your eyes develop tears, and your voice began to give out, watching the endless dark ash come closer and closer with every word. They only gave you a sad smile. "This was my city, my home, my people. Without them, there's nothing left for me." They explained. You were crying now. "Please! You can't do this. I love you!" You shouted. Covering your mouth afterwards. They stood in shock. You began to cough as you inhaled the ash kicked up from seconds away. You involuntarily grabbed them and pushed off the ground into the air, flying high above the smoke. From so high up, it only looked like a dark storm, along with a red-orange glow where the volcano was. You felt your tears dry from the cold air, hoping that you had made the right choice. "You were right. It is hauntingly beautiful." You took a breath of relief to hear them speak. "Kind of like you." They added. You took a sharp breath of cold air. "I love you too." They said. You flew to where you knew the other Eternals were and put them down, meeting their eyes. It was a hard day, but amongst the tears, you saw a glimmer of hope in their eyes, and you were later told that it was because of you.

You got busy as the people dealt with great wars and persecutions of people over the next few centuries, and so the deviants were especially successful during this time. You grew to love each other even more. After the Eternals were disbanded in Technochlitan, the two of your went off on your own together. You were married many times over the years, but the first was always special. it was mid-August of 1598, and you had both been pushed over the edge by Shakespeare's "Romeo And Juliet". It was an Elizabethan wedding, one filled with theatrics and much celebration. You went away to a small house in the open fields of England for a few weeks afterwards. The next time, it was a Scottish wedding in the mid 1700s. You had a great time dancing with all the townspeople, and watching your love loosen up and enjoy themself. Parties were extravagant for the rich of the Victorian Era, and you couldn't resist yet another ceremony. The 1900s were a dark century filled with war, advanced technology that could kill millions in a moment. Phastos had almost lost himself after Hiroshima. But the 50s brought a new vibe with it, and you both enjoyed yourselves in the rock and roll of the time, the free life of the hippie movement in the 60s and 70s, and the music of the 80s. You loved that decade more than any other era for a long time. The movies had gotten much better, and the recording artists were great. You had a great time styling your hair and makeup to match the fashion trends of the day, and loved trying to do the same for them. With the turn of the century, technology sky-rocketed. You had now decided that you wanted to do another wedding, a different kind, one that would break all of the customs that you had to follow for so long. You picked a ripped black (dress/suit), an idea you had been dying to try for years now. You designed the reception to be one giant party. This was anything but formal. You hired a trendy DJ to play all the latest hard rock hits, and afterwards, the two of you would run out of the building onto the sand and dive into the ocean. It was about 11 o clock on Halloween when the wedding took place.

"I do" You kissed them deeply, relishing in the experience. Even though this was your 4th wedding, you loved it everytime. "I love you." You said as you broke apart. "I love you too." They smiled. The two of you grabbed hands and ran down to the aisle, out onto the beach. It was dark, the stars were everywhere, all bright, along with a full moon. You took your buckled platform boots off and set your bare feet on the sand. They also removed their shoes and you reached for their hand once more. You counted to 3 and then ran down the beach, onto a dock, and jumped right off the edge into the water, hearing cheering in the background. When you resurfaced, you both started laughing. "This was by far the best wedding ever." You announced. "Agreed." They said. You wrapped your hands around their neck, pulling them closer. "I'm so glad I married you. 4 times." You said before kissing them. After you pulled away they smiled. "Who knows, maybe our 5th wedding will be on Mars" They laughed. You looked up to the sky and then back to them. "As long as it's with you. I don't care where it is." You smiled. They met your eyes. "I love you." "I love you too."