War and the Painting "The Scream" Part 10 (@newpoet)

(@newpoet)

Munch painted "The Scream" and foresaw his world descend into a bloodbath of war and worldwide suffering. Now hundred years have passed from the beginning of Gallipoli and that ANZAC campaign which is now being celebrated by my home country, Australia.

I sit now at my laptop, with that painting floating in my minds eye and the internal shudder makes my skin become cold. My fingers cramp as I begin to type these words because my dreams dictate the return to CHAOS that is WORLD WIDE WAR. Munch did foresee the War, the first world war that began in European and spread its fingers of blood and destruction over so many other countries. Causing so many lives to be lost. If our world was to descent into that same chaos it will not just be human life but all life be sent to the brink of destruction. Are we that stupid as to think our Planet would survive a nuclear war?

My country now is remembering Gallipoli.

The horror of the trenches now is displayed as being the ground to make heroes. Those poor men who just had to follow orders and kill or be killed. War to me is nothing but failure. Humanities failure of those same lessons of how to be tolerant and love your neighbour. Why do we not see these things as being the ultimate goals of humanity? Why is war the celebration of our nation so the culture of kill or be killed the only answer? Yes, I do remember those who fell, and not just the soldiers but the civilians, the millions who died. All wars are wrong.

"THE SCREAM"

That image now looms in my mind as once again there seems to be the pulsating push to send more souls to their premature deaths. Cannon fodder is all someone thinks we masses are. And the scream vibrates as the paranoia climbs reflecting the "what if" the world returned to a similar state of war.

Are we not in that state now? This I ask you as the West sends her strong youths and men back into lands of genocide and fanatical ideologies. War covered by religious belief is the filthiest type of excuse for humanity to kill each other.

I stop to think am I saying too much? My brain says that the truth must be told, and continue typing. Fingers hit the keys as I pour out the fears that have been mounting over the years of what I see as a governmental push to once again bring destruction and pain to the World. There is money to be made in WARS. That and a cleansing? Millions of humans die. Millions of animals and plant life are left to struggle and the Planet may also die because it may not survive another World War because the weapons of choice by the WAR wasters are more dangerous now. Drones that could and do blast the common human being off the Planet. The human cost of another war is too high. NuclearWarHeads, so many they could destroy our Planet many times over.

"Please do not send our world into this madness."

"THE SCREAM"

It titters on a knife edge with the other side being called terrorists. Maybe they are if they fanatically kill and maim as they fight for their so-called place in heaven. So what side is right? I do not know? All wars are wrong. They show us all that we have failed to live in peace and harmony and have descended into the culture of death and destruction.

Will humanity ever learn the truth of war? Evil beyond anything else is the breeding ground of ill- belief that there can be gained glory. The only thing that can be granted the dead, those who took up arms and fought for the ideals of freedom and world peace is Remembrance.

But are we truly honoring them when we glorify their deaths? They died for peace and life didn't they, not a return to yet another war?

Oh my dear sweet Lord all I wish for is my Sons not to be classed as just fodder for the cannons of WAR. All I ask is for our worldwide population see a different pathway and find within their hearts a different way than violent acts of war. A different human way to finally find the tolerance and respect needed so we can live side by side and rejoice in our differences. Please, dear brothers and sisters, find another way to push our world into this new age of digitization and space travel. Let us remember the fallen but also let us remember why they died as they did?

"THE SCREAM, and fields of Red Poppies now go side by side. Yes, let us Remember the fallen and pray that it will not ever happen again. Let our children know the truth of the lost and do not cover it up with the beat of that call to duty in which many young men seemed to have to march too and die for. Heroes our leaders call them so others now will follow in their footsteps. Yes, I know the plan and I a mother cries out, NO NEVER AGAIN.For those, heroes died in the hope that the world would never descend into that chaos and insanity of World Wide War. Lest we remember the real loss of war. No one wins, no one.

Let that Poppy and those floral tributes we lay mean that we will honor their sacrifice enough never to allow a repeat of histories mistakes.

May the voices of the Mothers within our society gather together to say:

NO NEVER AGAIN