Chapter Five: To The Castle!

Once we left the back of the church and made it back to the cemetery, we realized we'd have to fight our way out. The villagers were beginning to surround us! I looked around and noticed a cart filled with TNT. I smirked.

"Get ready for some fireworks, boys and girls!" I called. I kicked the cart down the hill, and once it was in the crowd, I fired out it causing an explosion and taking out most of the hostiles!

"Good work, Carter! Come on, let's go!" Leon said, and we hurried out of the cemetery. We hurried our way through the village, before we came to a bridge, however before we could cross it, Hunnigan contacted us.

"Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your extraction helicopter was shot down." She said.

"Shot down?! What do we do now!" I cried.

"Keep moving to the extraction point, I have another chopper dispatched to get you guys out." She said, then hung up. Ashley tugged on my arm.

"Uh, Leon? Carter? Look!" She cried. We turned around and saw a whole mon of the villagers coming up behind us!

"I hate to say it, but we're sandwiched alright. Quick, into that cabin!" Leon said, and we quickly crossed the bridge and slammed the door shut.

"Leon!" Someone else called, and we quickly turned and saw Luis! He tossed a bar to Leon, and Leon blocked the door with it. "So this is the president's daughter?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. This is Ashley." I said, however we didn't have long to talk before the mob was quickly encroaching on us.

"Carter, take Ashley upstairs and hide!" He said. I frowned.

"I'll take Ashley upstairs and hide her, but I'm coming right back down to help you both!" I said. Now, Leon frowned.

"No you're not. You're going to hide and that's final!" He said. My eyes widened.

"Final? Leon Kennedy, just who in the hell do you think you are that you can give me orders?!" I yelled. He grabbed my shoulders, not hard enough to hurt, but hard enough to grab my attention.

"Damn it Carter, I can't lose you again!" He yelled. I was silent then, as he put his head down, not looking at me anymore. "You were missing for four months. No one had any idea where you were, and I was falling apart until they sent me here. I can't lose you again, Honey. I can't. I'm not strong enough to go through that again." He said, looking back up at me. I gently wiped the stray tear that fell down his cheek and sighed.

"Alright. I understand. We'll hide." I said. He sighed and kissed me.

"Thank you, Honey. Thank you." He said, resting his forehead against mine for a minute, before sending us off. I hurried Ashely upstairs, and she and I hid in a wardrobe up there. We heard Luis and Leon fire a lot of gunshots, then just as quickly as it started, it was over. "Girls, you can come out." Leon called. Ashley and I got out of the wardrobe and hurried downstairs. Leon looked at us. "The bridge we crossed to het here is out. Guess we gotta keep moving forward." He said. I looked out the window and saw that he was right, the whole bridge was gone!

"You guys go on ahead, I forgot something." Luis said, then hurried out the door before any of us could object. We shrugged and headed out the door. We made our way through the village, then came to a barn. Something about it put me on edge. 

"Ashley, go hide." I said. She nodded and hid in a container. I looked at Leon. "Don't you dare try and send me off with her. I understand how scared you were but damn it, you can't do this on your own. We'll get out of here faster if we work together, deal?" I asked. He sighed and nodded.

"Alright, deal." He said. I nodded, and we walked into the barn. We weren't in there long when Leon was grabbed by the head, and I was grabbed by the neck and we were tossed against the wall! We stood and saw that it was the village chief from before! We dodged his attacks and I knocked over a barrel of gasoline while Leon aimed his gun at it.

"Hasta Luego." Leon said, before shooting at the gasoline and lit it on fire. We thought that was the end of it, but then the guy mutated!

"Euuggh!!" I yelled. He turned into a giant cockroach! Thankfully, it didn't take us long to put him down. After he died, his fake eye fell out! Leon picked it up!!! "Ewww what the hell, Leon?!" I cried. He laughed a little.

"Don't worry, I saw a gate earlier that this should open." He said.

"Still. That's gross." I said, then peaked out the hole in the wall. "Ashley, you can come out now!" I called. She got out and we all headed to the gate Leon mentioned. He put the fake eye in, and lo and behold, it opened! My jaw dropped. "Holy shit..." I muttered. There was a huge castle here!