Old Habits

(Play the song)

It's been a week since the incident at the Steinfeld residence, Hailee haven't build her guts to come and talk to Buck, while Buck on the other hand has been going to the fight club when she's off duty. She even stopped doing busking but she gives all the hard cash she gets every fight, and she's getting fond of her old habits since the money she can get from winning is even larger than what she can get from donations. When she came to work the next day after her first fight everyone asked questions about her cuts and bruises she just said a couple of kids jumped at her for quick stick up, Evie didn't believe this, she confronted Buck but she just shut the question down, she explained to Evie what happened with her and Hailee though.

It's another night of her day off, she warmed up while waiting for her name to be called. Buck is wearing grey sweatpants, a white shirt and a hoodie over it. She downs another energy drink to keep her hyped up since she barely slept.

"Kiddo, it's time. Get ready" Z says. Buck changed to a cycling shorts and a dri fit shirt.

"Now remember tap out or knock out kiddo."

"Yeah I know." Buck says walking into the ring.

Her opponent is a big guy, even bigger than the last one he fought. But this didn't bother her at all.

"Didn't know I'm fighting against a lady, I should've brought my tea set." her opponent says.

"Less talking dumbo, more fighting." she rebuttals.

Her opponent throws the first punch but she evaded it giving him a punch on his side, he punched her again but this time it landed earning a groan from Buck but she returned the punch. Her opponent then decided to attack, carrying her and throwing her to the ground, he then punch Buck on her face, punch after punch Buck took it. She then managed to overthrow the big guy and she now has the upper hand. She punched him on the face multiple times, he managed to stand up, but Buck finished him with a roundhouse kick. This knocked him out, the emcee declared Buck as the winner. People cheered for this, she's making a name for herself already in the underground fighting.

Z handed Buck a thick envelope, when she opened it she's shocked on what she sees. By looking at it she thinks she made $30,000 tonight.

"My lucky night." She says giving Z some money.

"Yeah many people bet against you, didn't expect for you to take the big guy that quick." Z replied.

"Tap out or knock out Z it's your rules. When's the next one?"

"Friday, let me put you on the undercard. But kiddo, what did your ol' lady said about this? I mean the last time you were here you ended up badly hurt. I don't want no business with your family if that happens again." Z asks. It's true, Nana confronted Z the last time she was here.

"Don't worry about it Z. Time's changed." she says before leaving.

"Buck what happened to your face this time?" Charlie asked as they all see a somewhat beat up Buck.

"Skateboard accident." She say walking past them making her way to the lockers she sits down to tie her shoes when Evie smacked the back of her head causing her to jump.

"Skateboard accident huh. You can't fool me Buckley" Evie says, Buck rolled her eyes and returned to what she's doing. "Your back in the underground fight club aren't you?" She added.

"No." Buck says sternly then leaves to go to the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Hailee has been up all night again thinking of how she's gonna approach Buck. She's hoping that it's not too late to talk to her, after the incident she can't focus and even get proper sleep but she's also afraid of what might happen. She's in deep thought when her phone rings, she hopes that it's Buck but unfortunately it's not.