Chapter 10

It took awhile but they got the job done and in just a few minutes the town was once again full if people and as lively as it was before letting the hero's celebrate their victory and relax from everything that's happened in the past few days

Everyone well almost everyone was enjoying themselves while all the heros where partying the anti-hero shadow the hedgehog was taking a long walk home which isn't a big surprise since the ebony preferred being alone he really did want to tell the azure one how he felt but couldn't bring himself to all of this was new to him he just didnt know how to start or just bring it up and the thought of losing him haunted the dark hedgehogs mind.

Since there was no one else there to bother him there was nothing to get rid of those thoughts, his heart suddenly ached he just wanted to go home and sleep it all off.

Back at Amy's house everyone was talking, playing games, and enjoying the pink hedgehogs home made pastries "these are amazing amy!" Tails said eating his third cookie "yes they are, your an amazing baker amy" a purple cat said with a warm smile making amy slightly blush "t-thank you im glad you all think so" amy said happily "thank for inviting us amy, im so happy to see everyone again without the world needing to end" silver said walking up to the pink hedgehog "its no problem and it was sonics idea, im just glad you actually came i know how busy you two are" amy responded "well its been peaceful lately and we missed everyone its been too long" silver chuckled.

"Hey rouge do you know where shadow is?" Sonic asked the white bat who was having a conversation with the echidna "no I thought he was with you" rouge replied "maybe he left, parties and shadow don't really go together" knuckles said "yeah i even saw him leaving earlier he looked pretty depressed" charmy said butting in "why didnt you say that earlier" rouge said "you didn't ask" charmy said this made sonic slightly worry "I'll be right back, see ya!" Sonic quickly said and was out the front door in a flash he was running to the ebony's house and on his way he nearly passed shadow "shadow!" Sonic said and ran back to the dark hedgehog "sonic? What are you doing here?" Shadow questioned still walking "i came to look for you" sonic replied walking with the ebony "wouldnt it be better if you stayed?" Shadow said raising a brow "why you dont like my company?" Sonic joked "thats not it its just-.." shadow tried to explain but didn't know what to say "shadow what's wrong?" Sonic said sounding more serious "its nothing im just tired" shadow said seeing his house from afar but it looked kind of off "what the-.." "oh yeah i forgot to say your house got completely destroyed my bad" sonic said casually rubbing the back of his quills "well at least we can hang out more, wanna crash with me and tails theres plenty of room" sonic said happily shadow just sighed "fine"he said with a slight smile on his face "great!" Sonic said and started to stretch "what're you doing?" Shadow said checking out the blue hedgehog slightly blushing "We're gonna race aren't we, what? You scared you'll lose"

Sonic smirked shadow laughed "hah you wish" he said getting into position "3.." Sonic started "2.." shadow continued "1, go!" Sonic said quickly and ran off before shadow could but easily caught up to him "you didnt think you could lose me that easily would you" shadow said with a wide smirk "hey! How did you catch up so quickly" sonic whined "doesn't matter I'll win anyway!" Sonic said both going at the same pace nearly at the finish.

"I win!" Both the hedgehogs said touching the front door at the same time "no i got here first i obviously won" shadow said "no i touched the door first so that means i win" sonic said sounding confident shadow rolled his eyes "lets just say it was a tie" shadow said "fine it was a tie" sonic said with a hint of sarcasm "whatever lets just go inside" shadow said

Sonic reached for the doorknob and it didn't open he had forgotten the door was locked, sonic laughed nervously "I'll be right back" sonic said and ran off leaving a confused hedgehog behind

"Tails can i borrow your keys" sonic said coming back into Amys house where everyone was still celebrating "uh sure" tails said giving the azure hedgehog the house keys without a question he was used to his brother asking all the time he was pretty forgetful "thanks little buddy" sonic said once again leaving the party and going back to were he left the ebony "sorry shadow" sonic said to the dark hedgehog that was leaning against the door waiting patiently "its fine" shadow said stepping to the side letting sonic unlock the door.

Sonic opened the door and turned on the lights "make yourself at home!" Sonic said shadow walked in and closed the door behind him and looked around "do you wanna watch a movie tails bought some new ones last week!" Sonic said "sure" shadow said sitting down on the couch while sonic looked through the CDs "i have multiple choices that i think you'll like" sonic said holding several different movies with one hand balancing them perfectly wile he was reading the back of one of the CDs "this one sounds good" sonic said throwing it to the ebony the stack of disks losing its balance without the hero noticing "are you only saying that because the cover looks cool?" Shadow said after the movie description 'honestly this movie is so predictable its like any other movie' shadow thought

"What? Noo? Why would you think that" "it was pretty obvious" shadow responded looking at the CD once more
BANG
The sound loud sound of thunder was heard not far from the house, water droplets hitting the windows of the home

The sudden sound startling the azure hedgehog making the CDs finally fall, sonic sighed and picked up the fallen CDs as shadow was staring unknowingly his eyes tracing around every detail on the azure ones body getting lost in his thoughts but he immediately snapped out of it and looked away blushing what was he thinking it wasn't appropriate to think 'stuff' like that

Once sonic picked up all the CDs he glanced over at the ebony was now beet red looking away in another direction "what's wrong shads?" Sonic asked genuinely confused "nothing, just pick a movie i don't care" shadow said still trying to calm himself down.