𝐯𝐢𝐢

𝐀𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐋 𝟏𝟓 - 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐚, 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"you're pathetic," he scoffed as her hand balled up. her anger shone through her blurry eyed. caius didn't frown, didn't even react as his soulmate shook with sobs.

everything had been going so well, where had everything gone wrong? is what diana wondered.

she and caius were spending time together more. he had visited, feeling pity for the human. aro had too— it seemed caius convinced him. they had been getting closer and diana thought they were beginning to at least tolerate her.

but no.

here she was, with caius scoffing at her because she questioned about his wife. "how is your marriage?" she had innocently asked with a tone of sadness hidden beneath. caius had taken it as a tone of jealousy— bitterness if you will.

and now they were arguing.

"you took it the wrong way, i didn't mean it! i swear!" she heaved out from her sobs, frustrated that he wouldn't understand.

"no! you are just angry because i am married and you are not my main concern! you came waltzing into my castle, appearing as our soulmate and you expect us to just end our 3000-year-long marriage for you?!" he exploded, forcing diana further into tears.

diana shook her head furiously as her muscles tensed. "why don't you want me?" she couldn't help but ask. her sobs had quieted but the tears did not stop. by now, caius was silently calmer, his body tense as he leaned back and pale immortal arms crossed.

he smoothly walked up to her, his fingers taking her chin. diana tensed slightly under his touch.

the first touch she'd received from any of them.

he leaned down, his face near her. "because you are weak. you are useless and you are human. you are too emotional to be a queen, let alone an immortal. me and aro are happily married and we do not want you, a silly mere human, to come and ruin that. i don't know what you thought our relationship would be, but it's not what you expected, so let me spell it out for you."

"in this castle, you are not a queen. you are not even our soulmate. you are a human, less than a chef. you live here because if you didn't, we'd all be in pain. but you serve no other reason than that. do you understand?" demanded the blonde king.

her hand wanted to go to her arm. to reassure herself. but she couldn't. her arms were frozen, as was the rest of her body.

she was unwanted, it reminded her of her mother. of how her mother didn't want her. of how her father only kept her around because the fact it gave him a good reputation at work.

"i'll never be good enough for you, will i?" she muttered. caius seemed to stop and pause for a second, his grasp slightly losing on her.

"did you really think we care about you?"

diana paused as well. she would've thought— at least once, that because they were soulmates they would care about her.

he let go of her and walked off and her world seemed to crumble around her as she ran off to the garden, propping herself up against a hedge and shaking her head softly.

she was tired. everything around her was dwindling and caius wasn't helping.

they didn't care about her.

the daisy at her foot seemed to seep down, the roots a brownish. diana crouched down, wiping the tears in her eyes but quickly sobbing again as she watched the daisy.

it was dying.

and fast.

almost like her relationship. but maybe, just maybe, diana could save it.

TATI'S NOTE
a bit of a shorter chapter but
i needed to start the angst!