Y/N's eyes slowly started to cross. His mind wandering somewhere else. "Ready?" He jumped at the sudden voice and nodded. Kurapika turned the page, his fingers carefully caressed the pages before turning the old wood. Once again, his eyes started to cross. He leaned forward slightly before beginning to sway.

Around thirty minutes into the reading, Y/N was done. He got to his feet and walked over to Killua and Gon who were on the floor, laughing from the previous skateboarding episode. "Hey, wanna try out the skateboard?" Gon asked, jumping to his feet. The demon hummed and stepped onto the skateboard, flying up and falling on his tailbone. The skateboard flew up into the air and popped him on the head.

A squeak left his lips, looking rather confused. Gon and Killua stared at him, before bursting into laughter. The weight that was resting on his s/c shoulders lifted, his dark eyes brightening at the enjoyment his two friends were admitting through noisy delight. "T-Try again." Killua spoke through his laughter. Y/N got to his feet, putting the skateboard back in front of him. Gon wiped his eyes, the laughter quieting down.

Stepping onto the board, Y/N flapped his arms around. Gon stood behind him, Killua in front of him. "Don't fall!" Gon smiled, carefully pushing Y/N to a stead stance. The boy just stood there, staring at Killua. "Do you want to move?" The white haired boy asked. The demon took it into consideration, his eyes closing, his chin resting between his thumb and pointer finger, his eyebrows furrowed. His e/c orbs opened, he stepped off and ran to the wall with a clock on it. His chest pressed on the wall, looking straight up at the timer. "Crazy, how are we going to stay in here for fifty hours?" Killua muttered, stomping on the edge of his skateboard. The wood flew up and into his hand, him and Gon following after the impatient demon. How much longer did they have to stay here? Forty nine hours and twenty-two minutes.

Oh boy... guess it's time to take up knitting.

The lights were off, the group sprawled through-out the room. Y/N's head was resting on Leorio's buttocks, his nails picking off any fuzz he saw on the man's pants. Of course, when everyone else is sleeping, it inconveniences him. He was feeling a burst of energy and wasn't ready to sleep. He'll sleep when everyone else was awake! Or... The demon sat up, his head looking side to side. Killua was awake, just kinda... staring at the ceiling. Y/N crawled over, carefully getting over Gon before plopping in the space between him and the white-haired boy. His wide eyes watched Killua like a hawk as he got comfortable before resting his chin on the latter's chest. "Why aren't you sleeping? I expected you to be the first out." He muttered, placing a forceful, heavy hand on the short boy's head.

Y/N shrugged, wiggling his haori off and throwing it over the two as a blanket. His arm reached up to Killua's head, beginning to pat it. He hummed a lullaby his mother had taught him, horribly albeit. Killua didn't know if he should shut him up or pretend it was actually making him sleepy to make him stop. Except, the dumb smile on his face made Y/N continue his bad humming. I mean, he can't be good at everything, can he? Of course, not. That would be a cliche of an x reader story. If those things were to exist... Killua inwardly gagged and shivered, shaking his head. Y/N tilted his head to the side before perking up.

"What are you two doing...? Can't sleep?" A sleepy voice muttered, Killua sitting up.

Kurapika rubbed his eye, pressing all his weight on his elbow. Killua shrugged and scooted back a bit, allowing Y/N to flop on his legs and roll on to his back, not without delivering a harsh —but accidental— kick to Gon's back. Supposedly still asleep, Gon grabbed Y/N's ankle and tugged him enough to drag him forward. "No, not really. You see, the thing is, I can stay awake for two or three days at a time." Killua admitted, watching Y/N thrash around like a fish to get away from Gon's killer grip. The blonde hummed and laid back down, shoving his hands under his pillow. His eyes slowly strayed to the clock on the wall before snapping down to the white demon who had smacked the ground like a WWE fighter, trying to get away from Gon.

A wheeze left the h/c haired boy as he retreated back to Leorio's butt, his cheek lying on the older's cheek. "Ten hours down, hm? I wonder what time it is outside..." Kurapika muttered, his eyes beginning to close. Killua shrugged and grabbed a pillow, hugging it close to his chest. "With no windows, it's kinda hard to tell... My bet is that it's morning." He spoke, his gaze fulling upon his green-haired friend. Y/N watched as the white haired boy smacked Gon with the pillow he had grabbed, the latter grabbing his own pillow and smacking Killua back. Y/N popped up, his hands grabbing on Leorio's butt and digging his nails in.

Gon was awake that whole time! He decided to bully Y/N on purpose, how could he? Leorio jumped, his head whipping back. "Ow, ow! Y/N!" He yelled, causing Tonpa to stir in his sleep. Y/N let out a growl and hopped over Leorio, digging his knee into the taller male's back before attacking Gon. He playfully nudged his knuckles into the green eyed boy's side, a laugh leaving his lips. Killua snorted as he hit Y/N with the pillow, the demon flopping over like a cow and latching his fingers on the corner of the pillow as if he would his mouth. Gon began to hit Y/N's side with his own pillow... He was being ganged up on!

"Hey, hey! Knock it off!" Leorio snapped, sitting his head up.

The three paused in their antics, Gon letting out a breathy laugh, Y/N trying to catch his breath, drool running down his cheek as he stared at Killua, and Killua had a mischievous smile on his face. Leorio watched for a quick moment before laying back down and turning his head to the side. What was in front of him, made him scream like Y/N's mother when a rat run between her feet. Tonpa's nasty foot was right in front of him. He scooted back and began to throw his hands in different directions. Killua and Gon laughed at the scene, Kurapika pretending he was asleep with a little chuckle leaving his lips. Y/N just stared, unhooking his hands from the pillow and sitting up. His gaze snapped towards the clock, a hopeful look on his face. Maybe all this time was the next ten hours? No, it was only forty-five minutes...

 Maybe all this time was the next ten hours? No, it was only forty-five minutes

A/N — Heyyy.. it's been a fucking yeaaar.. That's absolutely crazy! The year got away from me, I'm so sorry, I literally thought it was a few months! Not a full fucking year!

Anyways..

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

Now I got everyone's attention, I hope. I have seen a LOT of comments on the he she thing.. So, remember at the beginning of the book, I said I was basically remaking a book from someone else? I have that book open on one screen and I write on the other.

The way they had written that, they had taken the real lines from the show and I wanted to do that as well, so I basically copied those lines down. Occasionally, I see something really cute with the female mc and I want to give that to my male mc, which then makes me write 'she' because i'm not paying attention..

So just like.. be patient with me? I think that's also what caused the burnout. ...anyways. I'm here.. I'm queer... i'm surprising still alive — here's the next chapter, hopefully there isn't a full ass year until the next chapter.. I hope it was up to your expectations?

If not then.. well shit.