Twelve: Skylar comes to visit

Chapter Twelve: Skylar comes to visit

One of my best friends was coming to LA to visit me. Skylar. When she came out of the airport, I ran to her happy to see a familiar face.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so happy to see you."

"Oh my gosh look at you. You totally changed. I mean it's a good look but woah would I never have thought Natalie fucking Atkins would wear a short mini skirt."

"I didn't totally change. I'm still me. Just with a bit more fashionable choices."

"Tell me about him and when will I meet this mystery guy whose got you wearing sexy clothes."

"You'll meet him tonight. They have a gig at the Blue Velvet."

"It's so nice to see you girl. Like when I say we missed you. We M-I-S-S-E-D you so bad." She hugged me again.

We made it back to my apartment and I showed her my new and improved wardrobe.

"Woah, your wardrobe totally looks like a bad girls club closet. Are you sure he's the one for you? No guy should change the way you dress this much to get his attention."

"Sky when I tell you its worth it, it has been so worth it. Just wait until you meet him and you'll see what I mean."

"Any guys that are in his band I might be interested in?"

"There's Stacks and Eddie who you'll meet at the Blue Velvet as well."

"What about that Benji guy that helped you get Nick? Is he available?"

"Yeah, but he may not be your type."

"Cute guy is my type, Nat."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. You'll meet them all tonight."

We went through my wardrobe and what I was going to wear tonight. I decided on tight leather pants and a shiny black backless halter top with black heels to which Sky was shocked to see me wear. Skylar decided on wearing a black tight mini dress and heels.

When we got to the Blue Velvet, it was jammed pack. We went up to the bar and ordered two mojitos.

"You order a drink besides tequila sunrise? I'm so shocked. You are changing."

"Oh my gosh it's just a drink, Sky."

"They're good." Skylar observed as they played. "Which ones Nick?"

"The lead singer."

"Oh he is quite good looking. I see what you mean. Which one's Benji?"

"The guitarist." I pointed out to where he played.

"Oh yummy. He can riff me anytime."

I rolled my eyes thinking he wouldn't be interested in Skylar.

After they finished, I took her over to them.

"Hey guys, there's someone I want you to meet." I said. "This is Skylar, my best friend."

"Hey Skylar!" they all said in unison.

"So this is the infamous best friend she was talking about," Nick said holding out his hand for her to shake.

She took it at once and said, "I hope all good things and you must be the infamous Nick that she was talking about."

"I hope all good things as well." He said with a smirk.

I quickly interrupted them by saying, "And this is Stacks and Eddie."

She shook their hands and then quickly looked at Benji.

"Oh and Benji." I said, pretending to be absent-minded. 

She shook his hand which seemed to last a lot longer than the handshakes she had with everyone else.

"It's so nice to meet the best friend of Nat. She didn't say how stunning you would be."

"Neither did she say the same about you." Skylar flirted, sitting down next to him.

They started chatting up and I couldn't help but for some reason have this uncomfortable feeling when seeing them together looking chummy as ever. I quickly threw the thought away as Nick held on to me.

"How did we do?"

"You guys did awesome as usual."

"We can all go to this party I've been hearing about in the Hills." Nick said to everyone.

"I'm down," Skylar said, getting up at once. Benji got up as well. We headed out to the party.

The whole night Skylar and Benji were talking and laughing, making me feel antsy for some reason. I tried to focus on Nick who was being very romantic with me, but I couldn't stop looking their way.

Later on that night when we returned to my apartment, Skylar asked, "You're okay with Benji and I possibly hooking up, right?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I was just making sure. I know you had to fake date him to get to Nick but sometimes those things can get a bit messy if you know what I'm saying."

"Nothing messy in that department. Do whatever you will with Benji."

"Thanks Nat. I'm definitely going to."