𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞 ?!

 September 1st, 1978

 September 1st, 1978

We just got back from a trip to Bali.  I unzipped my luggage and dumped all my clothes on my bed.  I began organizing my closet, you know, organizing my clothes by color, shoes by their size, and the boxes on top of the shelf.  Everything was there, old shoe boxes to use on projects, extra school supplies, and hangers.  There was a missing box.

The pink box with hearts all over it.  The box where I put my love letters.  Panic ran through my body.

"Jared!" I yelled from my room.
"What!" He yelled back from his room.
"Come to my room! Now!"  I yelled again.

I heard shuffling from his room next door. 

"Stop yelling in my house!" Mom yelled from the kitchen

"What is it peach?" Jared asked with a worried voice.  "Have you seen my pink box that was on the top of my closet?" I rummaged through my closet.

"Oh, um, no Im barely in your room," He hesitated.  His hesitation made me suspicious. I turned around and looked him in the eye.

"Oh really, then who took the box, only 3 people are living here, plus a dog, and Im pretty sure Athena can't reach the top of my shelf," I stated as I poked his chest.

You see, when Jared lies, his ears turn red and he sweats a lot and that was what he was doing right now.

"Im not sure, I just told you, I'm not in here often," He put his hands up as if he was surrendering.   "Jared, tell me the truth or so help me I will get Athena to piss on your new shoes," I threatened.

"You wouldn't," He said.  "Oh, I would, ATHENA!" I yelled and I heard paws run up to my room.

She ran through my room entry and looked up at me. "You got 5 seconds to tell me where my box is," I threatened.  Jared looked like he was fighting an internal battle, he also look constipated.

"FINE! I'll tell you," He surrendered.  "Im listening," I stated as I sat on my desk chair.

"I was looking for a box for the summer project in my school and I know you keep boxes for things like that, so I rummaged through your closet and found the box with the heart, curiosity got the best of me and I read them,"  He said.

"Ok, then where are my letters," I asked, I started to get nervous. Jared is an idiot, he should have a 'Warning!  Walking idiot coming through' sign on his forehead.

He mumbled something but I didn't hear him.  "Speak louder, Im getting impatient and Athena needs a new toy," I stated.

"I brought them to the post office and shipped the," He said quietly.

I blankly stared at him, his words still processing.

"you. Did. WHAT." My voice escalated at every word.  

"Im sorry, I thought you forgot to ship them since they had their names and addresses on them," He apologized while standing up.

"You'd think I wouldn't want them shipped if they were hidden at the top of my closet Jared," I said as I flopped on my bed in a starfish position, my face in a pillow.

"Heyyyy, on the bright side, Noah texted me he is moving back to town in a week or so," He sheepishly said.

I groaned in my pillow, Noah coming back means Vance is also coming back. "Jared that doesn't make me feel better," I said, even though it came out muffled due to the pillow. 

"I know Im sorry," He apologized as he patted my back.  School started in a week, I was going to be a freshman.  That also meant I had to see Robin and Finney. Then Gwen came to my mind.

"Oh my god," I said as I sprung up from the bed. Athena got startled at my sudden action.  "Jared, do you remember Gwen?" I asked as I slowly turned to him.  "Yeah, Finney's sister, wait oooh," He said as he facepalmed.  

"Do you know what she will do if she finds out I had feelings for her brother," I asked as I slowly approached him.

"Probably drop you from what you said in your letter," He said in a calm voice.  "Yes my wise big brother, so what do you think im going to do to you?" I asked as I stood up on my bed.

"Let me go and live on with your life?" He suggested.  "Far from that," I jumped on him and we fell to the floor.  We started wrestling on the floor.  Athena was barking, my stereo was playing music and we were grunting as we hit each other.

"What is going on here!" My mom asked as she walked into my room.  She quickly tried to get me off my brother.  "Y/N! Heil!" She ordered as if I was a dog. 

I detached myself from Jared and dusted myself. "Could you two knuckleheads explain what is going here?" She asked as she placed her hand on her hips. 

After I summarized everything, my mom had her hand on her face and sighed.  "Jared why would you do that," Mom stared at my brother.  "Because I wanted to help, I thought she forgot to send them," He said as he stared at the floor.

"Jared, I appreciate you trying to help, but I didn't ask you to do that," I stated as I also stared at the floor.

After a few minutes, we cooled off and apologized.  Even though Jared may or may not have ruined my social life, I could probably live with that for 3 years.  Oh, who am I kidding? Im probably going to avoid any interaction with Vance, Robin, and Finney. I didn't care if Billy or Bruce read the letters since they didn't go to school with me.

Why would I care, Im over them, they were silly crushes I had years ago, Im now 14 and a new person.  I am completely over them. Right?

I sat in my room contemplating what to do but I gave up on trying to make plans for the new school year and went to sleep

𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘𝐒 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃, ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara