𝐕𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐫

ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ'ꜱ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ'ꜱ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ? ɪ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴʟʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ

 ⁽ᴵᵏ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ˢᵒᵘⁿᵈˢ ᵈᵘᵐᵇ ᵃⁿᵈ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ᵇᵘᵗ ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵃⁿʸ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ʷᵃʸ ᵗᵒ ʷᵒʳᵈ ⁱᵗ⁾

January 7th,  1975

Knock Knock Knock

"Y/N! Can you please open the door?" Jared asked from upstairs.  I sighed and walked to the door.  "Who is it," I asked as I looked through the peep whole.  "Um, Noah, Noah Hopper,"  The boy responded.

As soon as I opened the door, my brother came running down the stairs.  "Hey Noah, who's that,"  Jared asked while pointing at the boy behind Noah.  "Oh this is Vance, he is shy," Noah said.  "No Im not dumbass, I just didn't want to come," The boy pushed Noah.   "Well mom said I had to bring you, suck it up princess,"  Noah slapped Vance's head

Vance huffed and crossed his arms. "I mean, Vance can stay with Y/N if he doesn't want to hang out with us," Jared suggested.  "what, why me," I asked.  "What would I do, play dolls or something," Vance snickered.  "I'll have you know I stopped playing with dolls when I was 7," I huffed.  

"It's either watch nerdy shows or hang out with Y/N,"  Jared pointed at me.  "Why me, I barely know him,"  I said while turning on the tv.   "I rather hang out with her than you guys,"  Vance stated.

"Ok, we're out," Jared said as he dragged Noah to his bedroom.  

There was an awkward silence between me and Vance. The silence lasted about 2 minutes before I decided to break it.  "Um, do you wanna go buy snacks?" I asked him.  "I guess, I thought you were going to sit there until I got wrinkles," Vance chuckled.  

"Ok let me get my wallet,"  I smiled. 

-

As we walked into Grab N' Go,  Vance spotted a pinball machine and his eyes lit up.  "Damn, you got heart eyes for a machine,"  I joked.  "Shut up, do you have 5 dollars,"  Vance asked.  "Yeah you better pay me back," I stated and gave him 5 dollars.  "Thanks, gorgeous," He thanked me and walked to the machine.

I blushed and made my way to the snack aisle. I grabbed some sodas and chips and paid.  

"Having fun Vance?" I asked but he didn't spare me a glance.  "Yes now shush, you're distracting me," He stated as his fingers rapidly pressed the buttons.  Soon he ran out of quarters and we walked back to my house.

As we walked through the door Noah, was ready to leave.  "Ready to go Vance?" Noah asked.  "I guess," Vance responded.  I handed him his chips and soda. 

"Thanks, gorgeous,"  Vance winked as he and Noah walked out of the house.  "Hey! Stop hitting on my sister!"  Jared yelled and I heard laughter from the distance.

-

-

-

Vance would come with his brother every weekend and hang out with me. That went on for months until he had to move away.  He didn't keep in touch and I was devastated.  Once again, another dead romance, well romance for two 11-year-olds.