22. when you get back

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO ( 🧺 )narrative !

narrative !

PAISLEY SAT on her sister's bed, watching her pack a bag. Remington was going on two more investigations with Sam and Colby. She'd gone with them to Zack Bagans' Museum recently, now, they were going to the Bowers Mansion and the Black Swan Inn, both in Texas.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay? I can stay." Remington said for-at least-the tenth time.

Paisley sighed, "Yes, I'm going to be fine, Rems."

The girl understood why her older sister was so worried. She was terrified of losing any more of the people she loved, it's been that way for a long time.

"Vinnie can come over if he wants. If you don't want to stay here, I've talked to Kat and she said you can go stay with her. Just text her and then text me that you're going over there. Kim said she would come by and check in on you, she said you can come over there too." Remi explained.

Paisley just nodded. The eldest James daughter looked up at her sister, about to ask the same question again.

"I'm going to be here when you get back."

Remington took a deep breath as Paisley opened her arms, ready to wrap them around her sister. Remi put her arms around Paisley's shoulder, pressing a kiss into her hair.

"I love you, Pais," Remi smiled, pulling back a bit from the hug.

A grin played on Paisley's lips, "I love you too."

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
a bit of a filler but idk
if i'll write both of the
investigations, maybe just one